MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
taking orgo chem & Biochem 2EE3 in summer minji Academics 5 07-13-2010 12:42 AM
life sci 2ee3 and biochem 2ee3 jangh2 Academics 16 06-25-2009 12:19 PM
Orgo 20B3 and 2OA3, and biochem 2EE3, and bio 2EE3 rits Academics 1 08-24-2008 03:44 PM

Biochem 2EE3 in Summer

Old 06-09-2012 at 03:45 PM   #1
_Mike

Liked: 8 Times

Biochem 2EE3 in Summer
I'm looking for some advice.

I was taking Biochem 2EE3 in the winter but bombed the first midterm and dropped the course. Now, I realize it was a bad idea as taking it would help keep my options open for future goals. The reason I did so poorly the first time around was because it was so detail-oriented. I memorized all the details, and seemingly even MORE trivial details ended up being tested. There was also little leeway for mistakes.

According to the summer course outline, there is one 40% midterm and a 60% exam. Does anyone have any experience taking the course in summer and know how many questions are on each of the evaluations? Also, would anyone who got a good mark in the course mind sharing their secrets for success? This course seems pretty interesting and shouldn't be too hard to do well in, but the testing style is just brutal, and I need some tips.

Thanks in advance.

jon.john23 likes this.
Old 06-10-2012 at 05:43 PM   #2
_Mike

Liked: 8 Times

*chirp chirp*

Nobody?
Old 06-10-2012 at 06:21 PM   #3
MacNeuro

Liked: 76 Times

I took biochem 2EE3 the same semester you dropped it and got a 12. The trick biochem is really all in the lecture notes. Dr. Zhorov only tested on the lecture notes and maybe 1 or 2 questions required extra readings from the textbook. If you have difficulty memorizing minute details I don't recommend you take it in summer since the midterm is worth 40% and if you bomb it then your mark is down the drain. I suggest you take it during the fall or winter term and use his past tests to get an idea of his testing style.

Last edited by jhan523 : 06-10-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-10-2012
a.a27
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 06-10-2012
pineaukeo
This message has been removed by a moderator. .