MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
genetics biology 2c03 jangh2 Academics 3 08-13-2010 11:51 AM
biology(physiology spec) or biology(molec bio and genetics) shreya s. General Discussion 3 06-20-2009 11:01 PM

Biology 2A03 (ANIMALS PHYSIOLOGY ) with Biology 2C03 (GENETICS)??

Old 12-24-2009 at 08:47 PM   #16
ladyh

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthusized View Post
Hey actually I think Wilson and Nurse are both teaching it (Not sure how it's going to be divided up)

And OP yeah 1bb3 physics would seem to be more of a worry for me. I'm taking bio 2a03/2c03 both next term and was kind of wondering that too though. By the way, I've read the reviews for psych 2e03 but i was wondering if people would count it a heavy course? Thanks!

My second year friends told me Wilson and Nurse are teaching it too. I don't know anything about Nurse .. I just know that Wilson + 2A03 = the lowest midterm marks I've ever gotten despite trying my hardest. I only did well because of McClelland. Wilson and Nurse are splitting it in half. It's not necessarily that Wilson is a terrible professor .. it is just that her test questions were very ambiguously worded. TERRIBLY worded. The lab reports were always challenging, apparently. And if you look at her Facebook profile (yes stalker-y, I know, but it is a public profile), and go back many pages, you can see the very unpleasant remarks she has made about students in her status updates. (If you go all the way back to last year, you can maybe see her frequent status updates where she complains about the class and complains about students going to see her and stuff .. I don't think she realizes her profile is public). Also, her notes were "fill-in-the-blank" and we spent more time filling in blanks than actually comprehending the material.

But again .. everybody had a different experience wit hthe course. I did better than I expected so I still shouldn't complain lol.
Old 12-24-2009 at 08:52 PM   #17
anubhagat
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyh View Post
My second year friends told me Wilson and Nurse are teaching it too. I don't know anything about Nurse .. I just know that Wilson + 2A03 = the lowest midterm marks I've ever gotten despite trying my hardest. I only did well because of McClelland. Wilson and Nurse are splitting it in half. It's not necessarily that Wilson is a terrible professor .. it is just that her test questions were very ambiguously worded. TERRIBLY worded. The lab reports were always challenging, apparently. And if you look at her Facebook profile (yes stalker-y, I know, but it is a public profile), and go back many pages, you can see the very unpleasant remarks she has made about students in her status updates. (If you go all the way back to last year, you can maybe see her frequent status updates where she complains about the class and complains about students going to see her and stuff .. I don't think she realizes her profile is public). Also, her notes were "fill-in-the-blank" and we spent more time filling in blanks than actually comprehending the material.

But again .. everybody had a different experience wit hthe course. I did better than I expected so I still shouldn't complain lol.

haha!! i second the facebook comments, i remember seeing those! I agree, the only reason I did well was McLelland as well.
Old 12-24-2009 at 09:08 PM   #18
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:

Thanks for your input. OMG I'm gonna stalk her facebook now =p
Old 12-24-2009 at 09:12 PM   #19
ladyh

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthusized View Post
Thanks for your input. OMG I'm gonna stalk her facebook now =p
I just checked again for myself, and she seems to have made her wall private.

At last.

I wonder if a student was the one to tell her we could all read her mean status updates .. or if she just decided to make it private on her own. I guess we'll never know =P
Old 12-24-2009 at 09:17 PM   #20
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
I just checked again for myself, and she seems to have made her wall private.

At last.

I wonder if a student was the one to tell her we could all read her mean status updates .. or if she just decided to make it private on her own. I guess we'll never know =P
Hehe aww that sucks.. it would have amused me for a while. OH WELL I will bother her a lot and go to her office hours loads this year anyways. =D
Old 12-24-2009 at 09:19 PM   #21
caroline54

Liked: 10 Times

I just had Dr. Nurse for Cell Phys 3P03. He's good, explains everything well. I don't know how his MC questions will be though because in 3P03 its all short answers.
Old 12-24-2009 at 09:58 PM   #22
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

I like Wilson a lot actually, although maybe she taught differently for Bio 1A03. Once you got the hang of how she worded her questions I found them really easy, and generally just looking at the practice questions were enough for that. I also found that her notes were really good.

I agree that she can come off a bit harsh, but to be honest that's more for if the question is stupid/something she's repeatedly gone over. (Based on what I saw on WebCT). Maybe not the best quality for a prof to have, but its extremely satisfying to see that one kid who always asks the stupidest questions get a bit of a verbal smackdown.
Old 12-24-2009 at 10:36 PM   #23
WavyOne

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Lol, I'm in the same boat as you but add Biochem 2EE3 and Orgo 2OB3. What FUN!
I had the same schedule second semester last year (except for Psych 2TT3 in place of Bio 2C03) and I did fine. If you keep up with the work you should be fine . Your heaviest courses will be Orgo and Bio 2A03, Orgo has the labs and assignments and 2A03 the labs are long and there are three tests, but it is doable. Biochem 2EE3 is nothing more than memorization and Bio 2C03 and 2B03 are straight forward, Dr. Dej does a great job at explaining things.

jhan523 says thanks to WavyOne for this post.
Old 12-24-2009 at 11:29 PM   #24
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Nurse is excellent. He hates MC though. Wilson and McClelland pretty much re-used Professor Wood's (?) notes though.

It's a pretty heavy workload, though not nearly as heavy as bio 3u03. Doing genetics and 2A03 shouldn't be an issue. Biochem 2ee3 is easy and orgo 2ob3 isn't a lot of memorizing. It's more of a critical thinking based course.