MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BIO 2F03 summer with Lyndsay Cartwright kevin999 Academics 1 06-27-2012 10:45 PM

Biology 2F03 Lyndsay smith-cartwright

Old 07-04-2012 at 08:35 PM   #1
kevin999
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

Biology 2F03 Lyndsay smith-cartwright
Hi,
I know Prof. Smith is new,
I was just wondering if anyone had experience with her teaching bio 2f03 ecology.
I'm taking it right now in summer and have a midterm on tues, how would you recommend studying for it?

thanks
Old 07-04-2012 at 08:51 PM   #2
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

i love cartwright shes a great prof, and her midterms are pretty straight forward nothing to worry about just go over the slides and know your stuff. nothing tricky. just go over the notes, dont really need the text book other than the stuff thats covered in the tutorials.

kevin999 says thanks to Chevalier for this post.
Old 07-04-2012 at 08:53 PM   #3
Mohit
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 25 Times

STUDY THE DETAILS! i.e. know when the glaciers retreated..etc.

kevin999 says thanks to Mohit for this post.
Old 07-05-2012 at 03:08 PM   #4
spyridm

Liked: 46 Times

I agree that the content and midterms were kinda easy, but my class this year was completely blind-sighted for the midterm... the marks weren't terrible, but i think only 5 people got above 85%
I think it was mainly because the iclicker questions were definitely not representative of what she would ask/the question style (apparently they were the previous profs tests) so definitely make sure you know all the little details from the slides (i.e. memorize everything) and you should be okay

kevin999 says thanks to spyridm for this post.
Old 07-05-2012 at 06:00 PM   #5
PockyWarrior

Liked: 34 Times

Had her this past year in September, super straight-forward and fairly simple MC midterm

Some qn's were specific (small details on slides/diagrams), but other than that the majority of it was really straightforward and I found it a lot easier than other midterms I have from other courses

Just study properly from the slides and lecture notes and you should be fine (assuming you took notes and went to all the lectures lol)

kevin999 says thanks to PockyWarrior for this post.
Old 07-06-2012 at 11:05 AM   #6
TeleKey

Liked: 0 Times

I had Bio 2F03 last year...
Emphasis on "Study Details!" Pretty straight forward course overall, Exam was good
Maybe it's just me but I found the class highly boring.
Guest speakers were good

kevin999 says thanks to TeleKey for this post.
Old 07-06-2012 at 03:43 PM   #7
kevin999
Account Disabled by User

ah dang guess I have to go back and memorize dates haha
Old 07-06-2012 at 06:34 PM   #8
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Study.
ALL the things.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-06-2012 at 07:59 PM   #9
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
Study.
ALL the things.
All the things?

jim1, kevin999 like this.
Old 07-06-2012 at 09:37 PM   #10
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

All of them. From what I remembered, the exam was ...some of the most simple stuff. It was one of those few exams that I wanted to hit my head on a wall during because some of the stuff was so terribly mundane.

A lot was fair. Some was just...insane.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

TeleKey likes this.
Old 07-11-2012 at 05:27 PM   #11
kevin999
Account Disabled by User

thanks for the replies...her midterm was actually pretty fair only a tiny amount of random question that made me go huh?

So are her exams really cumulative? So far most of the exams I have written that were cumulative were mainly based on stuff from the second half
Old 07-11-2012 at 07:14 PM   #12
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Yes, they are. They're mainly weighted toward the second half, but tiny details may appear. Usually the easier the midterm, the harder the final (I find)

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences