Political Science 3JJ3 krissy1616 Academics 3 09-16-2011 01:43 PM
Psych 3JJ3 Richa Academics 0 09-11-2011 01:37 PM
Kin 3JJ3? hamnahx02 Academics 2 09-06-2011 01:51 PM

Biology 3JJ3

Old 06-11-2014 at 04:33 PM   #1
annakara10

Liked: 0 Times

Biology 3JJ3
Does anyone have any information on this course? I think it's being offered for the first time this year except I can't find a description of it on any of the course calendars or the Mac Biology website. All I know is that it is called 'Field Methods in Ecology' and when I try to add it, I apparently don't have the pre-requisites.

Thanks!
Old 06-11-2014 at 06:11 PM   #2
5.98e24

Liked: 12 Times

An email about this was sent out to biology students in late April:

A new course will be offered in fall 2014 on Dean's permission, and we expect to offer it yearly in future. As it will not be listed in the course calendar, a description and list of prerequisites is included here. The course is focused on field labs, and we will go out in almost all weather conditions. Please contact Dr. Susan Dudley, the instructor of the course, if you have any questions.

BIOLOGY 3JJ3 Field methods in ecology

An introduction to techniques in ecology, including restoration, population, community, functional, and behavioural ecology, based on field labs. Lectures provide background and data analysis.

2 lectures; 1 lab (four hours); fall term.
Prerequisite: Biology 2F03; and credit or registration in Stats 2B03; and credit or registration in one of Envir Sc 2B03, 2C03, 2EI3, 2Q03, 2W03

Hope that helps!

annakara10 says thanks to 5.98e24 for this post.

annakara10 likes this.