BIO 4A03- advanced topics in ecology demelo_b Academics 0 01-09-2011 05:31 PM
Topics in... jimmyjones Academics 3 12-29-2008 10:59 PM

Biology 4A03 advanced topics in Ecology

Old 06-05-2011 at 10:45 PM   #1
ae1011

Liked: 0 Times

Biology 4A03 advanced topics in Ecology
Hey guys,

Has anyone take this class before? it is offered in second term and will be taught by Dr. Rollo.

Any review would be appreciated
Old 06-05-2011 at 11:11 PM   #2
Alinaxo

Hey,

I really liked the class. The breakdown of the course is one midterm at 40% and then the final at 60%. There is no text book, but a course pack of articles (250 or so pages and at least 20 articles) which is required to read, as the articles are tested about equally on the midterm and the final exam. Rollo's slides were usually just pictures with some key terms and definitions on them. Overall, if you go to class and read the course pack, it isn't too challenging.

Cheers,

Alina

ae1011, Tailsnake all say thanks to Alinaxo for this post.
Old 06-05-2011 at 11:16 PM   #3
ae1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinaxo View Post
Hey,

I really liked the class. The breakdown of the course is one midterm at 40% and then the final at 60%. There is no text book, but a course pack of articles (250 or so pages and at least 20 articles) which is required to read, as the articles are tested about equally on the midterm and the final exam. Rollo's slides were usually just pictures with some key terms and definitions on them. Overall, if you go to class and read the course pack, it isn't too challenging.

Cheers,

Alina
Oh Alina, thanks for your reply. I took 3UU3 with Rollo, same break down with a lot of journal articles, it was supposed to be an easy class, but I am just not good at digesting so much info. Guess I am not taking this class then...