MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bio/Physio Specialization & Kin 2C03 ellerytc Academics 7 06-17-2011 04:40 PM
Honours Biology (Physiology Specialization) Juliann Academics 2 03-08-2011 12:52 PM
Biology 3B03 - Plant Physio manaya Academics 3 06-09-2010 10:15 AM

Biology (Physio Specialization)

Old 05-15-2014 at 06:31 PM   #1
vickylies

Liked: 0 Times

Biology (Physio Specialization)
Hey!

I'm planning on going into Bio (Physio Specialization) in in second year and was wondering if anyone took Kin 2C03/2CC3 without taking Kin 1Y03/1YY3 (like is it manageable)? The program outline on the McMaster site itself said to just "ask the instructor for any deficiencies" but I'm not sure if I should take the risk. Please let me know!

Much love,
Vicky

Last edited by vickylies : 05-15-2014 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-15-2014 at 07:15 PM   #2
kaytuh

Liked: 6 Times

Kin 1Y03/1YY3 is no longer a first year course for Life Science students. If you want to do Bio with a Physiology specialization, you'll have to take Kin 2Y03/2YY3 in second year. This is the same course as Kin 1Y03/1YY3, just in second year. I'm not 100% sure about this but I think you'll take Kin 2C03/2CC3 after you completed Kin 2Y03/2YY3.
Old 05-15-2014 at 09:00 PM   #3
tofutchi

I took Kin 2C03 having only taken Kin 1Y03 so you definitely don't need both courses, if at all. From what I gather from the program outline, you just need to be taking Bio 2A03 and be registered as a physiology student.
Old 05-15-2014 at 09:57 PM   #4
vickylies

Liked: 0 Times

Thanks so much for the replies! I think I should've clarified a little more haha

I meant to ask if it was doable/manageable or would I be at a huge disadvantage if I didn't take it.
Old 05-15-2014 at 10:34 PM   #5
tofutchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickylies View Post
Thanks so much for the replies! I think I should've clarified a little more haha

I meant to ask if it was doable/manageable or would I be at a huge disadvantage if I didn't take it.
From my experience, I think you'll be fine without them. The course itself was focussed more on muscle physiology, and there was considerable overlap with the material learnt in Bio 2A03.

Last edited by tofutchi : 05-15-2014 at 10:36 PM. Reason: grammar

vickylies says thanks to tofutchi for this post.

vickylies likes this.