MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010-2011 Booklist carrka MacInsiders Announcements 27 08-13-2010 11:33 AM
when is the Course Books Listing 2010-2011 Available ?? m0nica First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-08-2010 04:17 PM
When does Solar open for 2010/2011 ? Shankari Academics 3 05-25-2010 04:08 PM
First SRA Meeting of 2010/2011 huzaifa47 MacInsiders Announcements 19 04-13-2010 04:20 PM
Your 2010-2011 SRA is... lorend MacInsiders Announcements 54 03-14-2010 02:34 PM

Biopharm 2010-2011

Old 05-31-2010 at 02:49 PM   #16
rakhrans

Liked: 4 Times

That doesn't sound too exciting. I was looking through and saw this course: MOL BIOL 4H03, its in term 2 and the pre-req is our biochem 3g03 course. Here is the description

Cancer at the cellular and molecular level. Topics include: properties of cancer cells, activation of proto-oncogenes, function of oncoproteins, transgenic mouse models, and tumour viruses, tumour suppressor genes.
Three lectures, one tutorial; one term
Old 05-31-2010 at 03:00 PM   #17
Scrub
Original "G"

Liked: 57 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakhrans View Post
That doesn't sound too exciting. I was looking through and saw this course: MOL BIOL 4H03, its in term 2 and the pre-req is our biochem 3g03 course. Here is the description

Cancer at the cellular and molecular level. Topics include: properties of cancer cells, activation of proto-oncogenes, function of oncoproteins, transgenic mouse models, and tumour viruses, tumour suppressor genes.
Three lectures, one tutorial; one term

sounds like my kinda course..good catch! I may take it
Old 05-31-2010 at 03:01 PM   #18
rakhrans

I think I may, out of everything its the only one I am interested in
Old 05-31-2010 at 03:03 PM   #19
Scrub
Original "G"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakhrans View Post
I think I may, out of everything its the only one I am interested in

Wait doesnt it conflict with Pharma 3B06 on Wednesday?
Old 05-31-2010 at 03:07 PM   #20
rakhrans

oh no :(
Old 05-31-2010 at 03:18 PM   #21
Scrub
Original "G"

I hate this
Old 05-31-2010 at 04:18 PM   #22
precious

Liked: 1 Time

hi, I got in too!
I really wanted to take the health sci courses as my electives but they are all in the first semester :(
Old 05-31-2010 at 04:53 PM   #23
Ashlie

Liked: 10 Times

hey everyone!
I just finished third year biopharm and it's so exciting to see the new incoming year so excited and eager don't worry about meeting everyone because not only will you guys have class together in the first week, but the 4th years will organize an informal bbq or get together for our years where you guys can ask us questions about the program and just get to know each other.

I would suggest that whatever you take for electives, you enjoy and will find 'easy' - not that i'm saying you should take bird courses...but the PBL pharm courses ARE a bit more work to prepare for, so just make sure you don't stretch yourself too thin. I saw later on in the thread someone was talking about 4H03 (cancer). I haven't taken it, but know lots of people who have and they found it challenging.

rakhrans says thanks to Ashlie for this post.

Old 05-31-2010 at 05:14 PM   #24
rakhrans

what bio course list course and elective did you take, and thanks so much for all the info
I was also wondering I have taken biochem 2ee3 already in the past school year and also other courses throughout summer of this year and last year. I was wondering if that could count towards the course list course and I could take a second elective?
Old 05-31-2010 at 05:59 PM   #25
Sarah13

Liked: 11 Times

Ashlie, you beat me to the punch! I saw this thread at work today and was so excited to see all the enthusiasm from the new third years!

As for electives, I completely understand your difficulty finding good ones! I ended up taken Bio 3MM3 (which has already been mentioned) and a genomics course that isn't offered this year. While it was a TON of work, I found that since I was interested in the topics, it was manageable. Third year biopharm is definitely an adjustment in terms of workload and time management, but it is definitely so, so worth it! But to echo Ashlie...try to pick your choice courses with consideration to what will be interesting to you, not just what you've heard are easy.

I can't wait to meet all of you in September!

Laydee Death, rakhrans like this.
Old 05-31-2010 at 06:46 PM   #26
Ashlie

Liked: 10 Times

hey Neetu...any course you've taken previously that is on the course list can definitely count. Last summer i took Stats2B03 and Bio2A03, so those counted towards 2nd and 3rd year required or course list courses.

I actually took 3 summer courses last year, and I've always taken a full course load so I only took 4 courses each term this past year so that I could still do some extracurriculars and focus on co-op and boosting marks...so I took both pharm courses, bio3P03, bio3U03 and 3UU3 and biochem3D03 - I was in biochem before so I took biochem to hopefully get my minor in it

Sarah and I love biopharm and like she said, all the hard work is definitely worth it =)

rakhrans says thanks to Ashlie for this post.
Old 06-01-2010 at 11:58 AM   #27
kangs6

Liked: 20 Times

Told you you should take it with me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laydee Death View Post
Omg congrats everyonee! Can wait to meet you guys in Sept! =D
I wish I could take Biochem 2EE3 as well, but it conflicts with Bio 3UU3...correct me if I'm wrong though!
It's great that I found 20% of everyone in biopharm this year...so far =)
Old 06-01-2010 at 12:22 PM   #28
Laydee Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by precious View Post
hi, I got in too!
I really wanted to take the health sci courses as my electives but they are all in the first semester :(
Heyy, congrats! =D Yeah I was planning to take them too...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangs6 View Post
Told you you should take it with me!!!
LOL I know I should've! I don't think I'll ever be able to take it anymore...good luck on your midterm though!
Old 06-02-2010 at 05:02 PM   #29
ireena

Liked: 1 Time

Hey guys I just accepted into biopharm too! I was wondering has anyone contacted the registrar about the courses Bio 3UU3 and Pharmac 3A06 and their conflicting times?
Old 06-02-2010 at 05:18 PM   #30
Scrub
Original "G"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireena View Post
Hey guys I just accepted into biopharm too! I was wondering has anyone contacted the registrar about the courses Bio 3UU3 and Pharmac 3A06 and their conflicting times?
Hey Congrats! Can't wait to meet you!

As far as those times, as you can see PHARMAC 3A06 has 2 times, the first time is the first semester timing, and the second time is the second term timing. So there is no conflict, if you go to previous comments on this thread another poster stated that she e-mailed Dr. Wilson and this was the solution.