Headphones Recommendation Amaryll Computers & Tech 42 02-15-2011 04:26 AM

Bose Headphones?

Old 05-16-2011 at 07:56 AM   #16
juntom10
I'm cool. You know that.

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishka View Post
I am not an audiophile, so not looking too much into sound. But ofcourse if I am going for the price range of bose, i wouldn't want something terrible for the amount i'm paying. I am more into watching movies and tv shows and therefore need to have the headphones on for at least 2-3 hours at a stretch. So I'm looking for something that's comfortable and light enough for me to have them on for that long. Also if you could tell me if the ears warming up is a general thing with all the headphones or is it the case with only bad ones?
It is common when you use closed type headphones... (since headphone is designed to prevent leaking sound or block noise from outside...same for the heat lol)

Since you want light headphones,

I'd recommand these two.

These are all from sennheiser,

http://www.sennheiserusa.com /DJ-he...t-noise_502188

this one is very good. pretty small size, nice sound quality. I think you can get it for under 200 from ebay or other us websites (price in canada sucks)

Also, i think this one is much more popular,

http://www.sennheiserusa.com /on-ea...dphones_502817

this one is very popular. px100 is an open type version, px200 is a closed type (there are other versions like px250 which has an active noise cancelling function which means you have to put a battery and etcetc)

This one is much lighter, nice sound quality, and very comfy (i've had px200, and i'm using px100 now) (it is foldable)

price is bit over 100bucks in canada + tax...

Last edited by juntom10 : 05-16-2011 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-16-2011 at 08:00 AM   #17
kanishka
winning

Liked: 39 Times

So do you recommend I buy px100 or px200? and how long can one wear them for? Are they really comfortable?

Also any idea as to how are HD 428 from sennheiser?
Old 05-16-2011 at 08:08 AM   #18
juntom10
I'm cool. You know that.

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
So do you recommend I buy px100 or px200? and how long can one wear them for? Are they really comfortable?

Also any idea as to how are HD 428 from sennheiser?
I would recommand px200 under environment like library etc (since it doesn't leak sound as much as px100(open type)).

And i can wear it for hours. Since it is light, and does not put that much pressure on both ears (I also wear glasses)

For hd428, i haven't tried....

here are some hd428 related threads(reviews, quetions etc)

http://www.head-fi.org/search.php?search=hd4 28#tab3

Last edited by juntom10 : 05-16-2011 at 08:10 AM.
Old 05-16-2011 at 09:06 AM   #19
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Bose are uber comfortable.
Old 05-16-2011 at 11:43 AM   #20
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 68 Times

Bose are comfortable but too expensive.

Don't get Sony, I had 3 and all of them broke down. They are the cheapest headphones out there.
Old 05-17-2011 at 10:54 PM   #21
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeboi7 View Post
Don't get Sony, I had 3 and all of them broke down. They are the cheapest headphones out there.
That's a pretty broad generalization. Sony is one of those companies that has a wide price range in their line of products, and quality varies accordingly.

My mentality: Would you rather pay $300 for 9.5/10 rated headphones or $200? You'll pay $300 if you go Bose, 200 for others. They're not hard numbers, but just gives an idea.
Old 05-18-2011 at 12:02 AM   #22
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

From my experience, sony headphones tend to break down easily and they aren't the most durable headphones. The plastic materials they use snap so easily that I don't even bother putting them inside my backpack anymore.
Old 05-18-2011 at 12:38 AM   #23
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeboi7 View Post
From my experience, sony headphones tend to break down easily and they aren't the most durable headphones. The plastic materials they use snap so easily that I don't even bother putting them inside my backpack anymore.
That's true... of their $10-$20 budget headphones... Sony Headphones in general have a decent reputation for both build and audio quality
Old 05-18-2011 at 12:53 AM   #24
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

Quote:
Are Bose headphones the most comfortable headphones around? I am looking for a comfortable pair to which I can listen to over long periods of time without my ear hurting and my friends have suggested Bose. Your opinion?
I suggest not wearing headphones for long periods of time. That might help with the ear not hurting...
Old 05-18-2011 at 01:25 AM   #25
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
That's true... of their $10-$20 budget headphones... Sony Headphones in general have a decent reputation for both build and audio quality
Yea, mine were like $25-30 and they were pretty bad. But I'm not sure about the more expensive ones.