MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Girl is little mad at the moment. gongshow Dating & Relationships 35 10-11-2010 02:55 PM
Need girl for 4on4 Corec Basketball. Sintos Athletics & Recreation 0 10-07-2010 11:26 AM
Losing a respect from a girl I like. gongshow Dating & Relationships 45 08-02-2010 02:32 PM
Girl Who Doesn't Age caroline54 General Discussion 38 09-02-2009 11:03 AM

Boy and Girl Rommate

Old 10-05-2008 at 10:28 AM   #1
Strongwiller

Liked: 0 Times

Boy and Girl Rommate
I was just wandering, if a guy/girl can get a roommate opposite of its sex.

Thanx
Old 10-05-2008 at 10:34 AM   #2
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

I'm pretty sure no, unless you're married.
Old 10-05-2008 at 03:01 PM   #3
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

You used to be able to do that in Keyes or Bates if you were an upper year, since they're individual rooms in an apartment, but I've heard that they're not allowing that anymore. Even when it was allowed it was never specifially advertised that it was possible, so you may want to inquire with Housing. A male/female pair in a regular double room has never been allowed.
Old 10-06-2008 at 08:40 PM   #4
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

I'm pretty sure that this year there are upper year rooms in Bates that have both girls and guys as roommates.
Old 10-11-2008 at 01:08 AM   #5
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

This is gonna seem like a stupid question but why can't a guy and a girl live in the same room? For instance, if a couple wanted to live in the same room (yea, I know they can break up and all hell would break loose) but if a homosexual couple decided to share a room in res housing wouldn't disallow that. So then... what IS the reason a male and female can't share a room? I personally don't want to share a room with a male.. I'm just curious.
Old 10-11-2008 at 04:48 AM   #6
Reno V

Liked: 38 Times

Haha dude, you do NOT want that kinda drama...

BAD idea... Speaking from experience.
Old 10-11-2008 at 04:48 PM   #7
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

They changed the rules for having more than one gender in a room in Bates/Keyes as of 2007. It has to be of your gender only.

Potentially, yes, a homosexual couple could choose each other as roommates and live together.

In 2006 there was a apparently a co-ed room in Bates (2 person apartment) where the couple broke up shortly before they moved in together. Awkward.

House-cest is a no-no. ESPECIALLY at our age.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 10-11-2008 at 10:25 PM   #8
Strongwiller

Liked: 0 Times

Thanx guys for all the help. I was just curious about this situation and wanted to know about it. But u guys really helped me so i appreciate that. Thank you
Old 10-11-2008 at 11:26 PM   #9
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Your best bet would be to ask the Res Manager of Bates and Keyes, as they would know the rules better than any of us

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 10-12-2008 at 11:31 AM   #10
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferreinm View Post
This is gonna seem like a stupid question but why can't a guy and a girl live in the same room? For instance, if a couple wanted to live in the same room (yea, I know they can break up and all hell would break loose) but if a homosexual couple decided to share a room in res housing wouldn't disallow that. So then... what IS the reason a male and female can't share a room? I personally don't want to share a room with a male.. I'm just curious.
im guessing its like asking, would people mind there was one room of washroom for both men and women? .personally, i wouldnt want that and im glad it aint that way at mac..

Old 10-30-2008 at 09:22 PM   #11
Atethrie

Liked: 1 Time

the res managers would know best
Old 10-31-2008 at 09:55 PM   #12
adrian
Elite Member

Liked: 143 Times

and this is why I moved off campus...do everything that was hard/impossible to do in rez at a lower price!
Old 11-01-2008 at 12:06 PM   #13
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

but off campus you have your own room... you don't share it with a girl.. you can have female housemates but that's the same as res b/c you can have male or female neighbours
Old 11-01-2008 at 12:27 PM   #14
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

I wouldn't say that having neighbours of the opposite sex is the same as having housemates of the opposite sex!

I'd say it's completely different!

Old 11-01-2008 at 02:06 PM   #15
adrian
Elite Member

Liked: 143 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferreinm View Post
but off campus you have your own room... you don't share it with a girl.. you can have female housemates but that's the same as res b/c you can have male or female neighbours

I beg to differ All you have to do is ask the landlord and make sure the room is big enough for the both of you. Also, the landlord will probably make you pay more for the extra utilities used.