MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Breaking Into Investment Banking IBanker Volunteering Opportunities 5 08-29-2010 01:34 PM
*Breaking News* Quarters Will Be Called... lorend MacInsiders Announcements 175 07-15-2009 05:23 PM
When Do Bursaries come out? sinthusized General Discussion 5 11-24-2008 11:30 AM
BREAKING: MUSC and Art Quad Closed Chad MacInsiders Announcements 26 11-04-2008 08:03 PM

Breaking news Re: Bursaries

Old 02-01-2010 at 03:39 PM   #1
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

Breaking news Re: Bursaries
Hello all,

I hope this doesn't get anyone's hopes up only to be shattered, but here is my story:

I applied for the bursaries, and saw Denied about the 27th. Just 15 minutes ago, I received an e-mail saying that a bursary had been credited to my account. I assumed that this was just a generic form letter sent to everyone who applied in error, but the optimist in my told me to check my MUGSI account. When I checked, I had been changed to Awarded, with the money being credited to my account.

So, if you got Denied before the 29th, check your e-mail and MUGSI to see if your entitlement was changed.
Old 02-01-2010 at 06:36 PM   #2
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Nope, nothing for me. :(

Did they say why you weren't credited in the first place?
Old 02-01-2010 at 06:43 PM   #3
sniderj
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
Nope, nothing for me. :(

Did they say why you weren't credited in the first place?
No, it was just out of the blue.
Old 02-02-2010 at 01:27 AM   #4
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

I just noticed something. This message, originally posted in the other topic,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciMania View Post
from the bursary page on mugsi:

**IF YOUR STATUS IS 'DENIED' PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING: DUE TO AN INCREASE IN BURSARY/OSAP APPLICATIONS AND LIMITED BURSARY FUNDS, STUDENTS WHO DID NOT PICK UP ALL AVAILABLE OSAP BY JANUARY 15TH HAVE BEEN DENIED BURSARY ASSISTANCE. STUDENTS WITH OSAP OVERPAYMENTS AND STUDENTS WITH OSAP (OR EQUIVALENT NEED) LESS THAN $2500 WERE ALSO DENIED BURSARY ASSISTANCE. THESE STEPS WERE TAKEN TO ASSIST STUDENTS WITH THE GREATEST NEED.

-that's why there are so many denials. :(
was changed just a little. Here's what it says now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugsi
**IF YOUR STATUS IS 'DENIED' PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING: DUE TO AN INCREASE IN BURSARY/OSAP APPLICATIONS AND LIMITED BURSARY FUNDS, STUDENTS WHO DID NOT PICK UP ALL AVAILABLE OSAP BY JANUARY 15TH HAVE BEEN DENIED BURSARY ASSISTANCE. STUDENTS WITH OSAP OVERPAYMENTS AND STUDENTS WITH OSAP (OR EQUIVALENT NEED) LESS THAN $2000 WERE ALSO DENIED BURSARY ASSISTANCE. THESE STEPS WERE TAKEN TO ASSIST STUDENTS WITH THE GREATEST NEED.
So I can only assume that sniderj was one of the lucky few this changed impacted who received between $2000 and $2500 of OSAP.

dmzz says thanks to Entropy for this post.
Old 02-02-2010 at 09:14 AM   #5
sniderj
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
I just noticed something. This message, originally posted in the other topic,

was changed just a little. Here's what it says now:

So I can only assume that sniderj was one of the lucky few this changed impacted who received between $2000 and $2500 of OSAP.
Good eye.