MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem changturkey First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 05-19-2010 02:17 PM
Problem! noghi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-13-2009 12:21 PM
Elm Problem jaucep General Discussion 68 09-13-2009 12:36 AM
elm pdf problem sycoman General Discussion 2 09-10-2009 12:26 PM
ELM problem maverick1990 General Discussion 10 09-09-2009 03:07 PM

Bug problem.

Old 10-09-2010 at 03:41 PM   #16
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
One of my worst experiences ever was this one time when I was leaning back in my computer chair stretching, and then one fell out of the light fixture into my eyeball.
WTF. Elaborate.
Old 10-09-2010 at 03:49 PM   #17
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
WTF. Elaborate.
What more needs to be said?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Rakim likes this.
Old 10-09-2010 at 04:41 PM   #18
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

If it's those things, they come out of your drains, and it's apparently a good sign that you get them because it means you have good water quality. They're still super gross and freak me out.
Old 10-09-2010 at 04:47 PM   #19
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post

Chances are, it's probably one of these things. They run at quantum speed.

One of my worst experiences ever was this one time when I was leaning back in my computer chair stretching, and then one fell out of the light fixture into my eyeball.

Shit's scary.
HAHAHAHAHA

Anyways those house centipeds actually kill other bugs (spiders, flies, roaches etc.) so they are good to have around in a sense...I guess...

Last edited by AnguishedEnd : 10-09-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-09-2010 at 07:30 PM   #20
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

FUkkk Hamilton is like the garbage dump of Ontario...I hope nothing like that happens over at my place. Fingers Crossedd
Old 10-09-2010 at 08:08 PM   #21
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyshi View Post
Edit: Oh yeah, it's very squishy, by that I mean its easy to kill with a little force.
Sounds like a solid food souce. :O
Old 10-09-2010 at 08:33 PM   #22
forever0zero

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
WHY HELLO THAR!

Chances are, it's probably one of these things. They run at quantum speed.

Shit's scary.
LOL I see those all the time at my place. i see them crawling on the floor from my peripheral vision and by the time i get a chance to react they hide into an unreachable location. I skewered one with a pen last year and it was still moving its legs lol.
Old 10-09-2010 at 08:47 PM   #23
nila*

Liked: 52 Times

eeww. I use a broom to kill those things (maximizing distance between it and me) and all its legs fly off. The legs move by themselves for a little while afterwards...
Old 10-09-2010 at 08:51 PM   #24
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever0zero View Post
I skewered one with a pen last year and it was still moving its legs lol.
I did this once to a little fruit fly while eating dinner at a restaurant when I was a kid. I didn't have the heart to finish the job so it's little legs kept moving. I was so distressed by its pain and my inability to do anything that I sat there watching it for the rest of dinner and couldn't eat my food. My family was really worried because I was so silent and sad looking, but I couldn't tell them about what I had done because I felt guilty. It still bothers me to this day. It was my Vietnam.

Rakim likes this.
Old 10-09-2010 at 09:05 PM   #25
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmastergcdb View Post
FUkkk Hamilton is like the garbage dump of Ontario...
Nope, that would be Michigan.
Old 10-09-2010 at 11:23 PM   #26
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

I suggest spraying your room with bug spray. You know, the kinds you use when you go on some epic camping trek (they say "deep woods" on them). Then I suggest you layer up that way the bug will never get to you.

Most importantly, be sure to cover your head. These critters are best known for crawling into your nose and ears. With that being said, you must go to Fortinos and get one of their free clear plastic bags (because free = win) and then place it over your head.

*gives virtual poop and hopes you feel better*
Old 10-09-2010 at 11:57 PM   #27
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
I did this once to a little fruit fly while eating dinner at a restaurant when I was a kid. I didn't have the heart to finish the job so it's little legs kept moving. I was so distressed by its pain and my inability to do anything that I sat there watching it for the rest of dinner and couldn't eat my food. My family was really worried because I was so silent and sad looking, but I couldn't tell them about what I had done because I felt guilty. It still bothers me to this day. It was my Vietnam.
Don't worry it was gonna get in your food anyways! you still wouldn't have eaten it. Same thing!

crazyfree likes this.
Old 10-11-2010 at 10:47 AM   #28
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

This is how you should solve your bug problem.

Old 10-11-2010 at 11:17 AM   #29
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Bleh, that picture's gross =S. I would suggest going to Fortino's and get bug spray, don't put up with it any more. I really don't think they'll just disappear on their own =/
Old 10-11-2010 at 02:21 PM   #30
Daman K

Liked: 0 Times

Had these bugs terrorizing me last year in Bates. Thanks to them, I'm not afraid to kill anything.