Bursaries rda_14 Financial Aid 1 05-21-2012 03:23 PM
Bursaries, again Melanieee Financial Aid 4 07-13-2010 12:37 PM

Bursaries 2014

Old 02-17-2014 at 09:41 PM   #46
lgdynasty

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Science Rocks View Post
Where do i go specifically on oscarplus because I go to job postings and half the jobs there are not even at mac and they are like senior positions not student suitable jobs. Where are the job postings in mac.
Ughhh......you could filter the postings by location or look at the workstudy tab for mac positions

**Computer Engineering**
Old 02-18-2014 at 12:35 AM   #47
Science Rocks

Liked: 6 Times

Theres never anything on the work study tab
Old 02-18-2014 at 01:03 AM   #48
lgdynasty

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Theres never anything on the work study tab
There is. You just got to check it 24/7.

**Computer Engineering**
Old 02-18-2014 at 01:44 AM   #49
Science Rocks

I check it everyday can you hook me up with a job personally
Old 02-18-2014 at 01:53 AM   #50
jimmyjjohn

Liked: 0 Times

When do they finish assessing you for bursaries?
Old 02-18-2014 at 09:10 AM   #51
olive2

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
Can you tell me where are the jobs available I'm in some financial difficulty and your point seems like a good idea.
I have held 4 different jobs on campus over my time at mac. I firmly believe I could have another job by the end of tomorrow if I needed one (off-campus that is). There are 8 jobs currently available on the msu website which are paid: https://www.msumcmaster.ca/jobs

How bad do you want a job? Print off 100 resumes. Put a nice outfit on, and a smile on your face. Bus out to university plaza. Start at one side, and go to each store asking about jobs and handing out resumes. Go to ALL the stores/restaurants along Main street all the way out to Dundurn Plaza, maybe even Jackson Square.

It might mean you are flipping burgers on the grill at Wendy's. You do what you need to when you are broke...

Science Rocks, starfish like this.
Old 02-18-2014 at 12:15 PM   #52
Kayee

Liked: 2 Times

Statement balance
My bursaries got approved and the issue date says Feb.12. under opening balance it says refund $800 on the 12th and $800 bursaries on the 13th and the balance ends up with $0. I'm quite confused...
Old 02-18-2014 at 01:56 PM   #53
Kevin_92

Liked: Liked 2 Times

@ Science_Rocks: Are you actually serious?! You're given a bursary of $700, and all you can do is complain that "it's not enough"?? It's money literally given to you. NOT money owed to you. And yes, we know that you have rent and tuition to pay ... so does the other 20,000 students all around do. And "it's not fair that someone else got more than I did"!? I'll actually have to agree with you on that one. It's not fair. You're at university, preparing for a career far, far beyond the highest hopes and dreams of so many in this world. It's true. It's not fair at all. For part time jobs ... look for them yourself! There are a lot of places off-campus you can work part time.

Science Rocks says thanks to Kevin_92 for this post.

lgdynasty, starfish like this.
Old 02-18-2014 at 06:43 PM   #54
Science Rocks

Do i have to complete the work-study application on mugsi for these jobs to appear in the work-study tab on oscarplus or do I complete the application after I apply for the jobs?
Old 02-18-2014 at 08:12 PM   #55
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
...the point I'm trying to make $700 is not that much...
I don't know what the parameters are for bursary amount decisions, but I got $550.
Old 02-19-2014 at 05:17 PM   #56
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

I was thrilled to get $700 for free with literally no effort. I know there are other kinds of bursaries where you have to write essays etc, but I decided I didn't want to put the effort in. So $700 is sweet. Almost 2 months rent!
Old 02-19-2014 at 05:34 PM   #57
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

do we get these in cheque form and mailed to us?
Old 02-19-2014 at 08:16 PM   #58
naeD

Liked: 4 Times

If you want to apply for bursaries, do you need to have OSAP?
Old 02-19-2014 at 09:15 PM   #59
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
do we get these in cheque form and mailed to us?
If it says "C", then you'll get it as a cheque in the mail. if it says "F" that means your account was credited.

Silver says thanks to anon491 for this post.
Old 02-20-2014 at 07:24 AM   #60
sarahsullz
Sock Scientist
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 105 Times

Quote:
Do i have to complete the work-study application on mugsi for these jobs to appear in the work-study tab on oscarplus or do I complete the application after I apply for the jobs?
There are many jobs OFF CAMPUS around the University as well. Most fast food places are very good about giving small amounts of hours that work around your classes. Instead of getting angry at other students on the forum please take some initiative and hand out some resumes. I've been working every year of University 15-25 hours a week, it's not difficult.

If you're on OSAP then you're already approved for work-study.
(22:09:17) Entropy: k now I need someone else to fill in the void
(22:10:14) ChatBot: Desda logs into the Chat.

starfish says thanks to sarahsullz for this post.