MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
History 3J03 - The United States in the 1960s natashapoly Academics 0 07-26-2011 12:20 PM
United States of Tara lux Movies & Television 8 01-10-2011 11:18 AM
Courses in the States Teresa123 Academics 4 12-29-2010 02:08 PM
Med Schools in United States Dishes General Discussion 31 06-28-2009 10:00 PM

how to bus to the states?

Old 12-04-2011 at 07:12 PM   #1
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

how to bus to the states?
hey so im going to N. Carolina this winter break, or am planning to any ways.

now im planning to bus there, either from here/toronto, or from buffalo. the only buss-ing company i know is greyhound, so i was wandering if anyone on here knows any other buss-ing companies that i could take a look at.

also has anyone done a long distance bus ride like this? if so which bus companies did you go through and how was it. are there any cheaper options?

thanks
Old 12-04-2011 at 07:28 PM   #2
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Ive never done it, but heard this a popular and cheap way to get around the US

http://us.megabus.com/

they have both a canadian and american site, so if you go out of bufallo you can get to washington, then likely take another further south

good luck!

edit: i looked up ticket prices since i was curious, and before fees/taxes, it costs $15!

Last edited by Snowman : 12-04-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-04-2011 at 07:29 PM   #3
katrinabell

Liked: 19 Times

Try some of these websites:
http://ca.megabus.com/LandingCanada.aspx
http://www.coachcanada.com/coachcanada/language.asp
http://www.coachusa.com/
https://www.boltbus.com/
Also, its probably more expensive, but if your budget fits you can try flying
Old 12-04-2011 at 07:38 PM   #4
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan H. View Post
Ive never done it, but heard this a popular and cheap way to get around the US

http://us.megabus.com/

they have both a canadian and american site, so if you go out of bufallo you can get to washington, then likely take another further south

good luck!

edit: i looked up ticket prices since i was curious, and before fees/taxes, it costs $15!
ummmm could you link to where you got the 15$ lol i cant seem to find anything cheap as that on that site

also does anyone know how "legit" this megabus is, greyhound is nearly 200$ to get down there so im just sacred im going to get dumped off at some random spot or ripped somehow
Old 12-04-2011 at 08:19 PM   #5
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
ummmm could you link to where you got the 15$ lol i cant seem to find anything cheap as that on that site

also does anyone know how "legit" this megabus is, greyhound is nearly 200$ to get down there so im just sacred im going to get dumped off at some random spot or ripped somehow
I took megabus to/from Montreal, it's legit. I think they're actually owned by Coach Canada or something.
Old 12-04-2011 at 08:22 PM   #6
julianface
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

Quote:

megabus is owned by coachcanada...

they also have free wifi on their buses and I don't think they'd be in business if they ripped people off of their 5 dollars.

You can bus from buffalo or toronto to washington, and then washington to raleigh or charlotte. 39 from toronto or buffalo to washington after the 26th, 50 bucks otherwise it looks like. 21 bucks on the 24th or after the 26th from washington to raleigh. about 40 to charlotte. It would have been a lot better to book farther ahead but maybe it's just because its christmas.

jetblue flights from buffalo to charlotte would be 300 return with tax if you fly before the 20th
Old 12-04-2011 at 08:25 PM   #7
julianface
Elite Member

check out these flights from buffalo or in the area to north carolina. Flight search
Old 12-04-2011 at 08:28 PM   #8
julianface
Elite Member

from buffalo or rochester you can fly to raleigh, charlotte, greensboro, or fayetteville for no more then 268 return with tax if you fly on certain days. check kayak.com
Old 12-04-2011 at 08:31 PM   #9
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Sorry i misread winter break for spring break, so when i booked the furthest date ahead (for january 24th) it was $10 from buffalo to washington. They make a lot of their money through volume, as well as using double deckers which means only half the drivers and half as many buses are needed. after looking at those prices, i may even use that to go somewhere for spring break
Old 12-04-2011 at 10:27 PM   #10
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
hey so im going to N. Carolina this winter break, or am planning to any ways.

now im planning to bus there, either from here/toronto, or from buffalo. the only buss-ing company i know is greyhound, so i was wandering if anyone on here knows any other buss-ing companies that i could take a look at.

also has anyone done a long distance bus ride like this? if so which bus companies did you go through and how was it. are there any cheaper options?

thanks
I've never done it, but once checked how to get to Pittsburgh. it was a FOUR DAY trip, while we could drive there within about a half day by car.

imho, going as far as N Carolina, planes are the way to go. Westjet is a good company, though I don't know if they go wherever you're going. I think for Las Vegas it was under $200 for each of us, but this was a few years ago in the summer.

Last edited by britb : 12-04-2011 at 10:29 PM.