MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Year Business! Danno Introduce Yourself 4 08-24-2010 02:01 PM
First year Business I Avg to maintain Hitler1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 06-20-2010 10:31 AM
2nd Year Business Electives tiger Academics 17 05-31-2010 10:49 PM
2nd year textbooks (business) lawleypop Academics 6 08-11-2009 05:41 AM

Business first year

Old 05-10-2010 at 09:57 AM   #1
DilC

Liked: 0 Times

Business first year
Hey I am planning to go to degroote to do commerce and I am wondering what math courses are compulsary. I hate math! Is it true that if you took data management in high school, you don't have to take stats??
Old 05-10-2010 at 10:06 AM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DilC View Post
Hey I am planning to go to degroote to do commerce and I am wondering what math courses are compulsary. I hate math! Is it true that if you took data management in high school, you don't have to take stats??
Bookmark these pages:
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...nt/pg1188.html
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...nt/pg1189.html
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...nt/pg1191.html
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...nt/pg1190.html
Old 05-10-2010 at 10:10 AM   #3
DilC

Thanks but like which maths are compulsary
Old 05-10-2010 at 10:32 AM   #4
Sunshine

Liked: Liked 2 Times

If you took data in highschool you don't have to take a stats course first year but you will in second year. Same with calculus, if you take it in highschool you won't have to take a make up course first year, but there is also a mandatory calculus that all first year commerce students take.
Old 05-10-2010 at 12:11 PM   #5
DilC

I am aware that i HAVE to take a math course in my first year which is Math 1M03.
But here is what i dont understand. I heard you only need to take one math which is in the first year. Im not going into finance or math or anything. and i plan to take gr 12 data managment in summer school to avoid stats in uni but your saying im going to have to take stats again in year 2?
Old 05-10-2010 at 01:06 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DilC View Post
I am aware that i HAVE to take a math course in my first year which is Math 1M03.
But here is what i dont understand. I heard you only need to take one math which is in the first year. Im not going into finance or math or anything. and i plan to take gr 12 data managment in summer school to avoid stats in uni but your saying im going to have to take stats again in year 2?
Commerce 2QA3 is statistics, it's in the list I provided you. You should definitively go through that list to make sure you are taking all the courses required for your degree as well as the courses required for those courses.
Old 05-14-2010 at 07:06 AM   #7
kuruczpa

Liked: 4 Times

If you took Calculus in highschool as well as Data and Advanced Functions, you will need to take a calc course first year and a stats course second year. Also, econ in 2nd year has a lot of calculus in it, so just a heads up!