MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For all the Humanities and Social Science Students!- What do you want to do? maay29 Academics 5 08-28-2012 07:58 AM
Social Science Students nick Academics 6 03-23-2010 09:02 PM
Grad photos for Social Science students Kathy2 General Discussion 5 10-02-2009 08:40 AM

Business Studies Certificate for Social Science Students

Old 06-24-2013 at 03:15 PM   #1
Chewie

Liked: 2 Times

Business Studies Certificate for Social Science Students
I was wondering if anyone could give some thoughts about the business studies certificate that is offered through Mohawk to Soc Sci students?

There aren't any course reviews yet for any of the courses and I was just wondering how are the courses and such.

Old 06-24-2013 at 04:38 PM   #2
Kudos
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times

Honestly, unless you like business and would take the classes as electives, I wouldn't bother. The classes are always full on SOLAR and are usually offered in the late afternoon (like 4:30-6:30 type thing) which is super inconvenient if you work afternoons.

The classes themselves are pretty easy (that's Mohawk for ya). Usually quite a bit of groupwork.
Old 06-24-2013 at 07:39 PM   #3
Chewie

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
Honestly, unless you like business and would take the classes as electives, I wouldn't bother. The classes are always full on SOLAR and are usually offered in the late afternoon (like 4:30-6:30 type thing) which is super inconvenient if you work afternoons.

The classes themselves are pretty easy (that's Mohawk for ya). Usually quite a bit of groupwork.

Which ones have you taken? I have never taken a business course before - but, I did take Econ 1B03 in first year. So, I'm just trying to figure out whether or not I should fully commit to it.
Old 06-24-2013 at 08:25 PM   #4
Kudos
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times

I took 2BU3 and 2EN3. In the former, I got an 11 and learned absolutely nothing. My review for that class is here:

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea... ghlight=2bu3

As for the latter, I just finished it. The midterm was pretty easy, the group project was long and time consuming (producing a business plan for a self-created business -- ours was about 35 pages). The final was an absolute joke. Don't know my grade yet, but it will be double-digit unless he destroys out group project.

My roommate has taken a bunch of the soc sci NPO management courses and we agree there is a general easy trend in these Mohawk classes. The hardest part is getting in and making it work with your schedule.
Old 06-24-2013 at 08:41 PM   #5
Mac4lyfe

Liked: 0 Times

Kudos please check your inbox as inboxed you something important