MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Websites To Buy Used Books (and some tips!) lorend Buying Textbooks (new/used) & Courseware Tips 14 09-04-2012 03:45 PM
buying books viky Academics 23 08-22-2009 08:28 PM
Buying used books? windandwater General Discussion 14 08-20-2008 10:45 AM
Buying Books Goce Academics 3 01-08-2008 01:24 PM

Buying Used Books & Professor Choices

Old 09-03-2009 at 12:53 PM   #1
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Buying Used Books & Professor Choices
I'm trying to purchase some used books for next semester even though the lists haven't been released yet.

I wanted to ask does Prof. Rita Cossa seem as though she'd change the required text for Comm 1E03 from last year.

And whether Prof. O' Shaughnessy would change the required text between semesters?

Thanks very much

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 09-03-2009 at 01:08 PM   #2
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

O Shaughnessy didn't change the Econ text between terms last year (I kinda have my doubts that any professor who is teaching both terms would)

Cossa, I don't know.

goodnews.inc says thanks to JEFF_CHAN for this post.
Old 09-03-2009 at 01:25 PM   #3
JasonMcGuirk

Liked: 14 Times

You can use the staff directory to get their emails and then you can email them and ask what textbook they are using.

http://telecom.mcmaster.ca/directory.cfm

goodnews.inc says thanks to JasonMcGuirk for this post.
Old 09-10-2009 at 10:22 PM   #4
science4ever

Liked: 2 Times

hey ive got a bio volume 1 book edition 2 and i need edition 3...is there much of a difference? shud i buy edi 3 or keep my edi 2
Old 09-11-2009 at 12:26 AM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by science4ever View Post
hey ive got a bio volume 1 book edition 2 and i need edition 3...is there much of a difference? shud i buy edi 3 or keep my edi 2
It depends on the book. You should compare the books in order to properly judge. You should also check the course outline or with the professor if the lecture content will be tested, the textbook material or a combination of both.

Sometimes the textbook is only used as a supplementary learning resource but is still required because the teacher takes material from the book to lecture and/or requires you to do readings.
Old 09-11-2009 at 01:33 AM   #6
habibi

Liked: 0 Times

hey we both hav a same last name and both of us r in buss I....
Old 09-14-2009 at 11:40 AM   #7
SashaKumar

Liked: 0 Times

I have an ORGANIC CHEMISTRY 9th EDITION Text book , Study GUide and Solution Manual as well as a molecular Kit that is strongly reccomended by the Prof. I am selling it for $105, I also have a Biochemistry (Life at the molecular Level) which can be used for biochem 2EE3 and 3G03. I am selling this for $80. If you are interested you can call me at 9055996126! thanks

Old 09-14-2009 at 05:42 PM   #8
science4ever

Liked: 2 Times

I'm looking for physiology and anatomy year 1 if anyone is selling it message me plzz