MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Residence Tours? ShesTheMan Residence & Housing 2 08-05-2010 11:19 PM
Breakaway Tours! Keenu General Discussion 13 08-05-2009 05:06 PM
Campus tours Arslan142 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-30-2008 01:28 AM
Tours dah-legend First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-07-2008 10:35 AM
Prospective Student Tours Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-15-2008 01:02 PM

Campus Tours!

Old 02-25-2008 at 10:53 PM   #1
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Campus Tours!
March Break Tours
Monday, March 10 to Friday, March 14.
  • 90 minute walking tour with a McMaster student guide (includes a stop inside one residence building)
  • "Next Steps: Admission to Registration" session
  • For more information on these activities, please click here.
  • *Note: Spaces are limited. Please fill out the tour booking form to reserve your spot today!
May @ MAC Open House
Saturday, May 10, 2008
  • Annual university-wide Open House
  • Opportunity to visit all 12 residences
  • Speak with staff, faculty and students about your specific program(s) of interest
  • Take in a sample mini-lecture, participate in a lab, or view examples of current student work
  • No registration is necessary
  • More details will be available in mid-April
Campus Tours will be offered from Monday January 7, 2008 to Friday March 28, 2008.
  • Monday through Friday at 10:30 am and 1:30 pm
  • 90 minute walking tour with a McMaster student guide (includes a stop inside one residence building)
  • Campus Tours start from Gilmour Hall Room 102 - see directions to Central Campus.
  • To ensure we have time to arrange your visit, please book your visit at least 3 business days in advance. Bookings can be done through the tour booking form.
Information via the Office of the Registrar's website. More at http://registrar.mcmaster.ca
Old 03-15-2008 at 06:51 PM   #2
woodlawngirl

Liked: 0 Times

does the university offer any tours after march 28th?
Old 03-15-2008 at 11:03 PM   #3
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

I'm not sure. I suppose you could always call the liason office to ask
905-525-9140 ext. 23650
Old 03-16-2008 at 08:44 AM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

They will once the exam period is over...they start doing them again I think in May

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 03-17-2008 at 11:17 PM   #5
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

I went on the tour during March Break. Even though it was cold and there was snow everywhere, I still love the campus. I've been around in the summer and it's super nice. (However, I remember when I was waiting at the GO stop to go home and it was soo unbelievably hot, I was dying out there. x_x)

I thought the University and Hamilton Halls were really nice, as well as the Math Cafe. Oh, and the Commons too, very cafeteria-like but waaay nicer at the same time. Has that homey feel to it, much like the rest of the campus does.
Old 03-17-2008 at 11:20 PM   #6
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Did you get to tour MDCL? It's one of my fav. modern buildings
Old 03-17-2008 at 11:25 PM   #7
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

The Michael G. DeGroote centre? Yeah, we walked into that area with the cascading water and trees and plants, I was really impressed and somewhat stunned because I wasn't expecting it. It was really lovely. After that we looked in some small classrooms and lecture halls.