MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How much longer until I can change my courses??!! omgwtfitsp Academics 4 08-10-2011 12:30 PM
up until what date can we change courses? 3am Coffee General Discussion 1 08-10-2011 09:57 AM
Can we still change courses after Aug 1? justlily First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 40 08-02-2011 04:39 PM
Please help: Change Term 2 courses? luxhydrus Academics 2 10-21-2010 09:38 PM
cannot change courses? minikit99 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-13-2009 11:41 PM

How can i change courses

Old 01-05-2012 at 02:48 PM   #1
xiaoliu

Liked: 7 Times

How can i change courses
Hi, i was wondering if anyone can guide me through the process of changing courses.

I have 1MO3 with a prof that doesn't really pronunciate what he is saying and supposedly its a very hard class thats easy to fail and i wanted to switch into my friends class whose prof is very clear in his dialogue.

I was just wondering how do i go about this and then how would it effect my schedule and would my new class be on avenue and would i be on the new class list and all?

Thanks
Old 01-05-2012 at 03:19 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Materials? Bio? Anyways, just go onto SOLAR, and change the core section (c01, c02, etc). Chances are that you can't find free spots in other sections though. Theres always the option of just looking up the other sections on the master course timetable and attending those, although don't attend these regularly if the class looks like it is at maximum capacity, since you're depriving another student of their seat...
Old 01-05-2012 at 03:23 PM   #3
Phantom

Liked: 48 Times

Hey,

You go on SOLAR and click on the drop down menu to the left of the cours you wish to change and select "modify" and then switch into the core your friend is in/the one you want and the rest of the process is the same as selecting courses normally.

And yes it should appear on avenue and you should be able to see your name on your class list after you have registered on SOLAR. In case you don't see your name, you can contact the prof either via email or in person and they will assisst you with that or at least confirm that you are in their class.

In terms of schedule, I can't say much because I don't know what your schedule is like. But onbviously it'll show up on the time slots on the timetable it is designated for. If it conflicts with other courses; it is up to you to decide how you will handle the conflict. For example, if it conflicts with another tutorial you might want to try switching that tutorial section (you can do that by contacting the prof/TA too) or if it conflicts with another Core of a different course you will evaluate your situation and priority of courses accordingly e.g. sometimes people skip one out of three lectures of a course which conflicts with another course and decide to go to the other class instead (the conflicting one). So you'll have to map that out yourself.

Hope this helps!
Old 01-05-2012 at 04:41 PM   #4
fymg1103w

Liked: 0 Times

use solar
Old 01-05-2012 at 06:15 PM   #5
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoliu View Post
Hi, i was wondering if anyone can guide me through the process of changing courses.

I have 1MO3 with a prof that doesn't really pronunciate what he is saying and supposedly its a very hard class thats easy to fail and i wanted to switch into my friends class whose prof is very clear in his dialogue.

I was just wondering how do i go about this and then how would it effect my schedule and would my new class be on avenue and would i be on the new class list and all?

Thanks
no right to judge

Amaryll, jamescw1234, nerual like this.