MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Psych 3M03 friday class PockyWarrior Academics 3 12-06-2012 03:24 PM
Anthro 1A03 Night Class mediagurl Academics 3 01-13-2012 12:34 AM
do we have class friday? 3am Coffee General Discussion 8 11-10-2011 07:59 PM
Where is dr childs stats class held? Rakim Academics 15 09-23-2010 01:45 PM
Sociology Class or Faculty Night? lavalampsky First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 09-04-2008 12:30 PM

Can Night Class be held on a Friday?

Old 03-13-2013 at 08:44 AM   #16
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
Everyone one has outside obligations that can sometimes interfere with school. Stop bitching about it and deal with it
Again. Life throws curve balls.

See above quote.

Nuff Said.
Old 03-13-2013 at 09:21 AM   #17
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
First-year life sci's Friday nights:
Chem midterm, psych, bio, physics, chem, psych, bio, physics...
Thanksgiving might be thrown in there somewhere...
The difference is that you know about these in advance, right at the beginning of term so you can plan around them.

Kudos likes this.
Old 03-13-2013 at 10:01 AM   #18
Kudos
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
Do you not have any friends in that class?
My roommate was in my class and she dropped it last week.

The issue here is the lack of notice given, as Starfish said. Yes, sometimes outside commitments interfere with school... Except that I'm paying to be there, and I want to be there. I do think me attending this class will affect my grade on next week's midterm, because I know Sengupta. I'm probably going to call in sick, so this is a moot point, but it sucks that I have to inconvenience my employer and lose much-needed income because of this situation. My midterm grade is more important to me.

I schedule my shifts around school for a reason. I schedule my social life, group meetings and study time around classes for the same reason. I am paying to be here. Attending classes directly correlates to how well I do, and missing an entire night class directly before the midterm is not something I'm willing to do. So don't worry, it's being "dealt with" so you can dispense with the attitude.
Old 03-13-2013 at 02:10 PM   #19
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
The difference is that you know about these in advance, right at the beginning of term so you can plan around them.
Touché.

12/char