MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot for Professor? Quinn General Discussion 32 07-26-2013 11:42 AM
professor weiz First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-05-2010 06:48 PM
Professor Yamaguchi? lizziemcg Academics 13 08-16-2010 11:45 AM
Help! Wrote ALL my exams in the wrong room! Kurt_ First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 18 12-18-2008 09:35 AM
what do you want to ask your professor ? joset2 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 05-31-2008 08:27 PM

Can a professor ask what you wrote your MSAF for?

Old 10-29-2013 at 10:56 AM   #1
naeD

Liked: 4 Times

Can a professor ask what you wrote your MSAF for?
Can they? Just curious.
Old 10-29-2013 at 06:19 PM   #2
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 199 Times

He can.

And you will tell them the truth, that you had "flu symptoms".

And he shall accept it.

evilgino likes this.
Old 10-29-2013 at 06:22 PM   #3
naeD

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlinkett View Post
He can.

And you will tell them the truth, that you had "flu symptoms".

And he shall accept it.
I don't think that's true, as I understand it, you fill out the form in confidence.
Old 10-29-2013 at 06:45 PM   #4
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

He can ask you, but he won't. I've never heard about profs asking for reasons. In any case, he can ask you, and you say that you were sick, but you don't have to prove anything, MSAF doesn't require any doctor notes or nothing.
Old 10-29-2013 at 07:41 PM   #5
Kudos
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times

Your health is the business of (and in this order): you, your doctor and anyone in your day to day life you decide to inform.

It isn't the prof's business and you are entitled to privacy on the matter. I would refuse to answer or be deliberately vague. I also never give details to my employer when I call in sick.
Old 10-29-2013 at 09:16 PM   #6
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by naeD View Post
I don't think that's true, as I understand it, you fill out the form in confidence.
You also sign something saying that they will release the information as is necessary. I don't know exactly what it entails, but I know that in some instances if a student lives on residence, their CA gets informed (and that isn't limited to contagious diseases either).
Old 10-29-2013 at 11:14 PM   #7
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
You also sign something saying that they will release the information as is necessary. I don't know exactly what it entails, but I know that in some instances if a student lives on residence, their CA gets informed (and that isn't limited to contagious diseases either).
I don't get it, are you worried they will put you in a plastic bubble after you sneeze a couple of times? What exactly is your concern?
Old 10-30-2013 at 07:43 AM   #8
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlinkett View Post
I don't get it, are you worried they will put you in a plastic bubble after you sneeze a couple of times? What exactly is your concern?
I was answering the question...I don't have a "concern". Someone asked if your prof can ask what your MSAF was for and then someone else said you fill in the forms in confidence. I was simply saying no, you don't necessarily fill out the forms in confidence, they can tell other people what you wrote on your MSAF form even when there isn't a public-health reason for doing so.
I could understand if you filled out MSAF due to some contagious disease that they would tell your CA because diseases can spread quickly in res. I was simply indicating that this wasn't the case.