MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stay Overnight .. ? ghumanm First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-01-2011 09:11 AM
it's fun to stay at the L-C-B-O ... macbaby07 General Discussion 3 08-30-2010 03:08 PM
Will I get to stay in? MidniteSpark Academics 1 05-22-2009 10:05 AM

Can I stay in rez until May 1st?

Old 10-29-2012 at 07:57 PM   #1
coffeecappu

Liked: 0 Times

I know I need to move out after exam, but is it possible for me to stay till may1st? Can I just pay extra money?
Old 10-29-2012 at 08:08 PM   #2
doppelganger

Liked: 65 Times

Yes, you can stay. You have to fill out a form from Housing and I think you pay $50 per day.

coffeecappu says thanks to doppelganger for this post.
Old 10-29-2012 at 08:23 PM   #3
coffeecappu

does the starting count from the last day of my exam?
Old 10-29-2012 at 09:48 PM   #4
sarahsullz
Sock Scientist
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 105 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecappu View Post
does the starting count from the last day of my exam?
Yes, it starts the day after your final exam.
Old 10-29-2012 at 10:25 PM   #5
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Yea but you can still "stay" as long as you tailgate back into your res or have a buddy with a keycard. Just don't leave your room lols (I did that)
Old 10-31-2012 at 11:28 PM   #6
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

Or even stay at the motel on main ( near longwood) if you really have problemsO
Old 11-01-2012 at 12:03 AM   #7
Alomar12

Liked: 42 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPack View Post
Or even stay at the motel on main ( near longwood) if you really have problems
You are going to pay way more than $50/day at the motel. Stay in residence. You should be able to pick up a form sometime in early April.
Old 11-01-2012 at 09:43 AM   #8
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

It's absolutely baffling to me that you get charged to stay until the end of the exam period if you are done exams by that time...

lifesciman1 likes this.
Old 11-01-2012 at 09:57 AM   #9
coffeecappu

Leo, dont u need to return ur keys ?
Old 11-01-2012 at 11:38 AM   #10
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp31 View Post
It's absolutely baffling to me that you get charged to stay until the end of the exam period if you are done exams by that time...
I think it's an incentive to get people to leave. They make it really difficult and inconvenient for you to stay
They don't want everyone all moving out on the same day, that would be a disaster, and people who are already done exams will likely distract people who are trying to study.
Old 11-07-2012 at 01:28 AM   #11
alirezaza

Yes, you can, an long as you talk to the manager at your rez.
but if you do, you have to make sure you leave right on May 1
Old 11-08-2012 at 06:40 PM   #12
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Hmm, I always thought you could stay later because of a flight schedule or something and you won't get charged as long as you let them know ahead of time. I know for sure you get charged if you stay past your move out date (the day after your exams).
Old 11-08-2012 at 11:34 PM   #13
dquest

Liked: 3 Times

yeah if you fill out a form and show your booking receipts for flights, then you can stay in res until you leave without charges - though I am not sure if there is a maximum stay period or not...
Old 11-09-2012 at 09:08 AM   #14
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dquest View Post
yeah if you fill out a form and show your booking receipts for flights, then you can stay in res until you leave without charges - though I am not sure if there is a maximum stay period or not...
I always had the impression that this rule was in place because generally people need to buy tickets before they know when their exams end, and so they're told to buy them for after the last day of exams to be safe. So if you bought a ticket home in April, they'd expect you do book it the day after or maybe two days after the end of exam period. Obviously if you're going somewhere that only has flights once a week or something then that's different...but I think that's what they base the decisions and maximum stay period on. It's more for people whose exams end earlier but had to buy tickets for after exam period anyways, I think they try to avoid having people stay who bought tickets for a later date "just because".