MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Course Calender For 2012 & Summer Time Table meaningless? Academics 6 02-22-2012 11:20 PM
Time Table JayChu Academics 65 08-09-2011 10:12 AM
Time table lin_aj Academics 3 08-09-2011 04:40 AM
Need help with my time table. thisisje First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 06-12-2010 10:48 PM
on my time table... sj316 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-12-2008 11:35 AM

When can we find out 2012/20123 summer time table?

Old 06-15-2012 at 12:14 AM   #1
omgwtfitsp
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 30 Times

When can we find out 2012/20123 summer time table?
There a few courses that I can take in year 2 that are required for my year 3, but the course listing for my year 2 program says you don't need to complete it all in year 2, so in 3rd year you take the those that you didn't take in 2nd. So I plan to do summer school and want to know if some of those courses will be offered so that i don't need to take them ll during the term.

I checked this year's summer time table and they are all available so is it safe to assume it'll be open next summer too?
Old 06-15-2012 at 12:53 AM   #2
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

It's an alright assumption, but plan in the event that they aren't just in case.
Old 06-15-2012 at 07:44 AM   #3
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

The Summer 2013 timetable won't be available until sometime in second term of this year.
Right now it's way too far in advance for them to know who is teaching classes, what rooms will be needed for what, etc.
Old 06-15-2012 at 08:04 AM   #4
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Its still the summer of 2012.. so summer of 2013 timetable wont be up till about feb/march next year..

You can assume the big courses will be offered, but again, it depends on prof availability and student demand
Old 06-16-2012 at 10:58 PM   #5
Kevinabrahak

Liked: 8 Times

i plan to do the same. An ECON level 2 course and a math course (2ZZ3). As far as ECON is concerned, the department approved of a few courses that would be offered again next summer( 2013). Not sure of math yet. Pretty sure it would be offered too. I might just have to wait until term2.

Also, would taking summer classes (3 units of a total 39 units) affect my OSAP eligibility for fall/winter session 2012-13 ? Would I be able to apply for spring/summer OSAP for just 3 units course load ???
Old 06-16-2012 at 11:05 PM   #6
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinabrahak View Post
i plan to do the same. An ECON level 2 course and a math course (2ZZ3). As far as ECON is concerned, the department approved of a few courses that would be offered again next summer( 2013). Not sure of math yet. Pretty sure it would be offered too. I might just have to wait until term2.

Also, would taking summer classes (3 units of a total 39 units) affect my OSAP eligibility for fall/winter session 2012-13 ? Would I be able to apply for spring/summer OSAP for just 3 units course load ???
You can only apply for OSAP if you're a full time student, unless you have a disability. This is true in the summer as well. A full courseload in the summer is 6units/term.

I'm not sure what you're asking about how summer courses will affect fall/winter eligibility. Do you mean if you didn't take a full courseload? It could, yes.
Old 06-16-2012 at 11:26 PM   #7
Kevinabrahak

I have applied for OSAP for fall/winter session with a total of 39 units (full course load). However, i intend to complete my electives (3 units) during the summer of 2013 along with a math course ( 2ZZ3 : 3 units). Having applied for OSAP already and now with a total of 37 units only, i do not have a full course load for fall/winter session. Would the 3 units drop affect my OSAP eligibility considering the fact that I have never dropped a course before and the course I do plan to drop is well before the deadline.

With a total of 6 units for summer, I assume i would also be able to apply for summer OSAP
Old 06-16-2012 at 11:28 PM   #8
Kevinabrahak

is it necessary that I submit a change request form to SFAS office for dropping 3 units from a total of 39 units for fall/winter session. Im not sure if that really would affect my OSAP eligibility ??
Old 06-16-2012 at 11:29 PM   #9
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinabrahak View Post
I have applied for OSAP for fall/winter session with a total of 39 units (full course load). However, i intend to complete my electives (3 units) during the summer of 2013 along with a math course ( 2ZZ3 : 3 units). Having applied for OSAP already and now with a total of 37 units only, i do not have a full course load for fall/winter session. Would the 3 units drop affect my OSAP eligibility considering the fact that I have never dropped a course before and the course I do plan to drop is well before the deadline.

With a total of 6 units for summer, I assume i would also be able to apply for summer OSAP
It shouldn't effect your eligibility but could reduce the amount you get. Contact SFAS for a more concrete/personalized answer.

For the summer, I'm pretty sure you need 6 units PER TERM to qualify for OSAP.

Edit: yes you should definitely tell them, it could seriously hurt you if you don't. Its not all about eligibility, the amount you get also matters. If you don't disclose a change in courseload it can make you ineligible for any future OSAP.
Old 06-16-2012 at 11:39 PM   #10
Kevinabrahak

Finally i've got it all cleared, thanks to you.

im going to send the request form right away !!