MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Time Table review :) jon.john23 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-10-2010 06:06 AM
Time table help! With changes made. jon.john23 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 06-24-2010 03:56 PM
Check out my time table Kali First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-10-2010 09:41 PM
Making a time table Kali First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 06-08-2010 03:48 PM
on my time table... sj316 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-12-2008 11:35 AM

Need help with my time table.

Old 06-11-2010 at 09:56 AM   #1
thisisje

Liked: 0 Times

Need help with my time table.
Hey everyone.
I just need help with my mock time table.
I just want to know if my schedule's alright and that I sorted things out properly.

For those who took the courses shown,
can you tell me which one is difficult and which ones are easy?
Thanks a lot.

here's the link for my mock time table, (please copy the whole link)

https://acrobat.com/#d=sKmM3tUiHP2y4btVlh yVpw
Old 06-11-2010 at 10:08 AM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Wow, your first term looks realllly easy... (compared to mine, engineering)

(Directed at others, not the original poster): Why do people make up time-tables? I've never had the ability to actually shuffle around classes because when SOLAR opens up again in August, everything is basically locked in, and I've only been able to change maybe one class 'section' in my whole time at Mac..
Old 06-11-2010 at 11:47 AM   #3
queenie

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrw88 View Post
Wow, your first term looks realllly easy... (compared to mine, engineering)

(Directed at others, not the original poster): Why do people make up time-tables? I've never had the ability to actually shuffle around classes because when SOLAR opens up again in August, everything is basically locked in, and I've only been able to change maybe one class 'section' in my whole time at Mac..

Maybe it's different for engineering but I know for myself, different courses may have the same class or tutorial times. So if you want to take course A and B but they are at the same time (hence, time conflict), you would know ahead of time and pick a course c, instead of during registration process.

Another reason is so you can maximize your time schedule. E.g. if the same tutorial is offered friday 4pm and say tuesday at 1pm. If you could, it might be a good idea to switch the tutorial to tuesday so you can go home earlier on friday, instead of staying at school still 4 just to go to that tutorial.
Old 06-11-2010 at 03:05 PM   #4
thisisje

Does it look like i have an easy first semester?
Haha. I'm going for Nursing.
And I don't think it's an easy program.
Old 06-12-2010 at 09:55 PM   #5
Rayine
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

You barely have any class...
That looks like a breeze of an entire year.
No labs/tutorials at all...
LUCKY
President, McMaster Undergraduate Society for the Chemical Sciences
Old 06-12-2010 at 10:38 PM   #6
yas1

can second 2nd year life scinces take more than 10 courses per year?
Old 06-12-2010 at 10:39 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by yas1 View Post
can second 2nd year life scinces take more than 10 courses per year?
You have to request to overload. I believe you have to talk to the Dean.
Old 06-12-2010 at 10:48 PM   #8
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisje View Post
Does it look like i have an easy first semester?
Haha. I'm going for Nursing.
And I don't think it's an easy program.
My roommate was in nursing I last year. She too, had barely NO class, and so, a lot of time to study during the day. Compared to science anyway, since we have like ~22 hrs with labs and all. Nursing's not an easy program, in terms of the fact that you have to keep up with the classes, but that's a given for any program. The one difficult course was Anatomy & Physiology (full-year course), and maybe Psych 1X0/1XX.