MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please help: Change Term 2 courses? luxhydrus Academics 2 10-21-2010 09:38 PM
After Term1 can i change my courses for term 2? luxhydrus Academics 3 09-11-2010 08:17 PM
Unable to access Solar to change courses andru Academics 25 08-14-2010 11:09 PM
cannot change courses? minikit99 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-13-2009 11:41 PM
Course Change? Ruggedman Academics 11 09-04-2008 08:54 AM

Can we still change courses after Aug 1?

Old 08-01-2011 at 10:00 PM   #31
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlily View Post
Oh okay, phew lol. Thanks! 8D

And omg, I just set up my undergrad email...
What is this @mcmaster.ca vs @muss.cis.mcmaster.ca thing?!
MY MIND IS FOREVER BOGGLED.
They go to the same email, so it doesn't matter which you use.
Old 08-01-2011 at 10:05 PM   #32
justlily

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
They go to the same email, so it doesn't matter which you use.
Oh, do they send it to my personal hotmail account?
Old 08-02-2011 at 05:27 AM   #33
xFLY

Liked: 13 Times

So has anyone taken Bio 1A03 with Kajiura & Zhu?

Old 08-02-2011 at 10:28 AM   #34
alexryu9

Liked: 7 Times

I think its closed for sectioning/schedule making, but after that it should work
Old 08-02-2011 at 03:48 PM   #35
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Oh, do they send it to my personal hotmail account?
Not automatically, you'll have to alter the settings and forward your incoming emails to Hotmail. Also, you can set it up so that you send emails from your @mcmaster.ca/@muss.cis.mcmaster.ca account through your Hotmail page.
Old 08-02-2011 at 03:52 PM   #36
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

Quote:
Wow, it's more expensive than I thought. Do we have to keep them forever once be buy them? XD
I'll attend all classes, as long as my health doesn't get in the way, so no probs there~

That... would really suck. I really really hope they'll open up a spot for me for 1M03 2nd term! @[email protected]
Well when you think about it, you can use the iClicker for all four years of your studies so it's not that bad

And isn't 1M03 required for first year life sci?
Old 08-02-2011 at 03:58 PM   #37
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelScarn View Post
Well when you think about it, you can use the iClicker for all four years of your studies so it's not that bad

And isn't 1M03 required for first year life sci?
I haven't had iClickers past first year :\ You can also just sell them again, you can re-register the iClickers so someone else can use them. Just write down the number in the back, although there's a way to get back the number if it rubs off and you forget it. It's so stupid how all the other writing is permanent but the important numbers rub off :\
Old 08-02-2011 at 04:19 PM   #38
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
I haven't had iClickers past first year :\ You can also just sell them again, you can re-register the iClickers so someone else can use them. Just write down the number in the back, although there's a way to get back the number if it rubs off and you forget it. It's so stupid how all the other writing is permanent but the important numbers rub off :\
Oh seriously? I always assumed we would use iClickers in most of our courses =/

Damn and I wrote my name on mine in permanent marker....
Old 08-02-2011 at 04:34 PM   #39
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:

My classes got small pretty fast. It's gotten to the point where we don't need iClickers any more. Personally I find them a waste of time. First of all, if it's used for attendance then it's idiotic. Students should not be required to attend lectures (It's different for tutorials, especially in humanities since discussion is required for a good tutorial). Second of all, if it's used to check if the class understand the material a quick "raise your hand" would suffice. Plus, students can also ask questions during lectures if they don't understand. The professor should use their judgement as to answer the question on the spot or ask the student to talk to them after class or during office hours.
Old 08-02-2011 at 04:37 PM   #40
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:

Well, I had 4 classes first year that used them.. 2 in 2nd year and 1 in third year (not mandatory... a poll)...
Old 08-02-2011 at 04:39 PM   #41
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
My classes got small pretty fast. It's gotten to the point where we don't need iClickers any more. Personally I find them a waste of time. First of all, if it's used for attendance then it's idiotic. Students should not be required to attend lectures (It's different for tutorials, especially in humanities since discussion is required for a good tutorial). Second of all, if it's used to check if the class understand the material a quick "raise your hand" would suffice. Plus, students can also ask questions during lectures if they don't understand. The professor should use their judgement as to answer the question on the spot or ask the student to talk to them after class or during office hours.
I agree with you on the fact that using them for attendance is stupid, but I think it would be a better way to check for understanding then raising your hand. Most first years are shy (especially so in a 300+ lecture hall) so they would just raise their hand to the majority answer. The fact that iClickers are anonymous makes it a better tool to use, IMO.