MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unable to change tutorial times in SOLAR? Alchemist11 Academics 1 09-08-2010 05:20 PM
How do you change times for your core, lab, and tutorial for your timetable on solar memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-15-2010 12:26 PM
How to change timetables around on SOLAR sarahald Academics 9 08-10-2010 03:26 PM
How do I change my cources on SOLAR? amare First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-12-2010 10:42 AM
cannot change courses? minikit99 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-13-2009 11:41 PM

Unable to access Solar to change courses

Old 08-14-2010 at 02:27 PM   #1
andru

Liked: 3 Times

Unable to access Solar to change courses
When I try to login to the undergrad 2010 course selection in mugsi I get this error:

" Based on your current Registration and Payment Agreement status, you are not eligible to use SOLAR at this time. SOLAR will be available to you as of AUG 16 2010"

I haven't done my payment agreement yet, was I supposed to? I thought it was due September 1st.

Also when I was originally picking all my courses, I had no selection for tutorials and labs... how come other people have access now? When did that access become available?
Old 08-14-2010 at 02:36 PM   #2
jenn_y

Liked: 0 Times

same thing happened to me!! Why can't I login to SOLAR?
Old 08-14-2010 at 02:36 PM   #3
Ace0fSpades

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by andru View Post
When I try to login to the undergrad 2010 course selection in mugsi I get this error:

" Based on your current Registration and Payment Agreement status, you are not eligible to use SOLAR at this time. SOLAR will be available to you as of AUG 16 2010"

I haven't done my payment agreement yet, was I supposed to? I thought it was due September 1st.

Also when I was originally picking all my courses, I had no selection for tutorials and labs... how come other people have access now? When did that access become available?
Yes you were suppose to do it b4 the 10th... was posted on a lot of threads for the past two weeks
It was available the 11th when solar reopened since we got out timetables on the 9th
Old 08-14-2010 at 02:43 PM   #4
andru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0fSpades View Post
Yes you were suppose to do it b4 the 10th... was posted on a lot of threads for the past two weeks
It was available the 11th when solar reopened since we got out timetables on the 9th
damn, that really sucks. so am i pretty much screwed out of switching tutorials/labs/cores to ones that are preferable?
Old 08-14-2010 at 02:43 PM   #5
marissac42

Liked: 0 Times

You were suppose to complete your payment agreement already, it's your tuition that isn't due until the 1st.
Old 08-14-2010 at 02:44 PM   #6
Ace0fSpades

Quote:
damn, that really sucks. so am i pretty much screwed out of switching tutorials/labs/cores to ones that are preferable?
yep most likely the ones you wanted are full right(since others probably wanted them too) you'll be able to access it on the 16th till then there's nothing you can do
Old 08-14-2010 at 02:46 PM   #7
andru

Quote:
yep most likely the ones you wanted are full right(since others probably wanted them too) you'll be able to access it on the 16th till then there's nothing you can do
alright thanks for the quick response...
Old 08-14-2010 at 03:53 PM   #8
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
LOL i think "a lot" is an understatement...MI announcements, multiple times in pretty much every thread imaginable, for the past month at least (although the MI announcements date back to beginning of June). It's also on the registrar's website.
Old 08-14-2010 at 07:07 PM   #9
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

Just out of curiousity, why would you wait so long to confirm your payment agreement when you can just change it anytime?
Old 08-14-2010 at 07:20 PM   #10
Ace0fSpades

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
LOL i think "a lot" is an understatement...MI announcements, multiple times in pretty much every thread imaginable, for the past month at least (although the MI announcements date back to beginning of June). It's also on the registrar's website.
LOl when I wrote that I was thinking Lauren is going to say something about this
Old 08-14-2010 at 07:58 PM   #11
andru

well i don't regularly come on macinsiders, so any threads, announcements etc don't really help. but yeah, i have a tendency of leaving things to the last minute... hopefully i'll still end up getting some decent selection in tutorials/labs on august 16th.
Old 08-14-2010 at 08:07 PM   #12
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
well i don't regularly come on macinsiders, so any threads, announcements etc don't really help. but yeah, i have a tendency of leaving things to the last minute... hopefully i'll still end up getting some decent selection in tutorials/labs on august 16th.
Yeah, but even if you don't come on regularly, all it takes is a quick search of the threads on here for other similar-looking thread titles or on the Mac website. There's nothing wrong with asking questions, but you should try to find out the answer for yourself first--it's usually not that difficult!

Wow...I appear to have fully absorbed the inquiry model of learning. *sigh*
Too many inquiry projects
Old 08-14-2010 at 08:26 PM   #13
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

Quote:
that my friend has got to change if u are ever gonna survive university, like lauren said u gotta start searching things for urself. be independent ...they dont go soft here
Old 08-14-2010 at 08:30 PM   #14
Ace0fSpades

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCHEDDENITE View Post
that my friend has got to change if u are ever gonna survive university, like lauren said u gotta start searching things for urself. be independent ...they dont go soft here
Sad that what he said is true... so true
Old 08-14-2010 at 08:51 PM   #15
andru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCHEDDENITE View Post
leaving things to the last minute and being independent are two completely different things. it is completely possible to do extremely well in university while still leaving things to the last minute. i'm not arguing that its good to, its just i've seen a lot of people (including myself) pull of very good grades while doing so.