MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NOT ALLOWED TO MODIFY Health Science and Nursing Courses? aya. First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 08-12-2010 07:41 PM
Modify Me __lexington General Discussion 14 06-19-2008 05:51 PM

Cannot modify a course

Old 01-03-2010 at 08:16 PM   #1
Spicey

Liked: 0 Times

Cannot modify a course
I tried modifying the course MMEDIA 1B03 on SOLAR and I get this message: "No modification is allowed for this course: MMEDIA 1B03 2 D".

Why am I not allowed to make changes to this course? I can modify my other courses just fine if I wanted to, of course I only want to change media.
Old 01-03-2010 at 08:36 PM   #2
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

probly because it is full .. i tried adding it this morning and no luck
Old 01-03-2010 at 08:37 PM   #3
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Maybe there's nothing you can modify about the course.

Seems strange though, if say you were looking to change a tutorial I always assumed if all the tutorials were full and you couldn't modify it would just show that in the drop down box but maybe they just don't allow for modification.

That said its probably just temporary.

What were you looking to modify for that course anyway, tutorial time?
Old 01-03-2010 at 08:39 PM   #4
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

is mugsi down for anyone else as well? The page won't load for me
Old 01-03-2010 at 08:41 PM   #5
mcmull19

Liked: 6 Times

yea mugsi doesn't seem to be working for me either

manu says thanks to mcmull19 for this post.
Old 01-03-2010 at 08:42 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

It's also down for me. I think it crashed because a lot of people were trying to get on.

manu says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 01-03-2010 at 08:49 PM   #7
Spicey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
Maybe there's nothing you can modify about the course.

Seems strange though, if say you were looking to change a tutorial I always assumed if all the tutorials were full and you couldn't modify it would just show that in the drop down box but maybe they just don't allow for modification.

That said its probably just temporary.

What were you looking to modify for that course anyway, tutorial time?
Yea, the history course I'm taking this term is full, but SOLAR still allows me to modify it.

I've been trying for a while now. Probably first tried some time in November so I think it's not going to change, unless they will allow it now that term 2 starts this week.

Yea I'm trying to change a tutorial time. Is it possible to switch times without SOLAR? I know people switched around in French 1Z06 during the first couple of weeks.
Old 01-03-2010 at 08:55 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

MUGSI is back up, but incredibly slow. Unless you absolutely need to do something, I don't think it's worth it right now.
Old 01-03-2010 at 09:00 PM   #9
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicey View Post
Yea, the history course I'm taking this term is full, but SOLAR still allows me to modify it.

I've been trying for a while now. Probably first tried some time in November so I think it's not going to change, unless they will allow it now that term 2 starts this week.

Yea I'm trying to change a tutorial time. Is it possible to switch times without SOLAR? I know people switched around in French 1Z06 during the first couple of weeks.
When I took Multimedia 1B03 the tutorial times were made up by the TA once the course start and assigned times from SOLAR were irrelevant. This is how it is sometimes with Multimedia courses, especially lower level ones. They may have changed it though. Either way I you probably won't have an issue switching your tutorial once term starts. If there are enough computers you should be able to attend whichever tutorial time suits you best. See what the Prof says about tutorials when you go to class, if the assigned tutorial times from SOLAR are for sure the tutorial times for the course you can probably talk to the Prof/TA about attending a different session than the one you've been assigned. Again, as long as there are enough computers for everyone in the lab it shouldn't be a problem.

Spicey says thanks to sew12 for this post.
Old 01-03-2010 at 09:32 PM   #10
Erika0909

Dont worry, I'm in this class too and I can't seem to modify it either.
Hoepfully we'll find out something about it in lecture tomorrow.