MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
whats happening in matthews thereaction Matthews Hall Forum 7 10-02-2010 07:42 AM
What's happening forums ? theBomb Introduce Yourself 14 08-10-2010 07:00 PM

I can't believe this is happening

Old 07-04-2010 at 12:51 PM   #1
anthony

Liked: 7 Times

I can't believe this is happening
I am trying to register for my courses but everything is full. So I was going through every single course and the ones that aren't full don't work because my prerequisites don't match. Then it kicked me off SOLAR saying I was on it for 45 minutes (I was only on for 10 because I counted) and then I tried to get back on and I'm blocked for over usage. WTF what can I do now? This is such a hassle and I can't believe they make it this difficult.
Old 07-04-2010 at 01:17 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

:( I don't know; lots of people have been reporting problems with SOLAR and full courses.. talk to the faculty head; either through phone, email, or in person..?
Old 07-04-2010 at 01:29 PM   #3
littleluzer

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony View Post
I am trying to register for my courses but everything is full. So I was going through every single course and the ones that aren't full don't work because my prerequisites don't match. Then it kicked me off SOLAR saying I was on it for 45 minutes (I was only on for 10 because I counted) and then I tried to get back on and I'm blocked for over usage. WTF what can I do now? This is such a hassle and I can't believe they make it this difficult.
you are only allowed 45 mins per day, not 45 mins per time, say you logged into solar 35 mins already today, you'll only have the rest of 10 mins for the day, but sometimes the system crashes, if you exceeded your 45 mins, try to log off and log in again, you'd probably get more times...happened to me a lot of times
just a tip) try to figure out what courses you're going to pick beforehand, so you won't waste precious time on solar which is only 45 mins
good luck
Old 07-04-2010 at 01:31 PM   #4
anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleluzer View Post
you are only allowed 45 mins per day, not 45 mins per time, say you logged into solar 35 mins already today, you'll only have the rest of 10 mins for the day, but sometimes the system crashes, if you exceeded your 45 mins, try to log off and log in again, you'd probably get more times...happened to me a lot of times
just a tip) try to figure out what courses you're going to pick beforehand, so you won't waste precious time on solar which is only 45 mins
good luck
Ok thanks for the SOLAR info but I don't think you understand that EVERYTHING is full. I'm not just saying that. If it's not full I can't take it because my prerequisites fail.
Old 07-04-2010 at 01:31 PM   #5
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Howcome you didn't register when SOLAR opened for you? Most people did, which is why its full now. But if its a required course, spots will open up. If its an elective... keep trying, you *might* get lucky
Old 07-04-2010 at 01:36 PM   #6
anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
Howcome you didn't register when SOLAR opened for you? Most people did, which is why its full now. But if its a required course, spots will open up. If its an elective... keep trying, you *might* get lucky
lol I did but even then I am in business so we we second last and pretty much everything was full. Then I had to go away for 3 days which kinda screwed me over.
Old 07-04-2010 at 02:04 PM   #7
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Have you tried the less popular first year courses like geo and labour studies? they've been open every time ive looked, though I havent looked at them since I filled my timetable.
Old 07-04-2010 at 02:13 PM   #8
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Labour Studies was incredibly boring and I dropped it first year |:
Old 07-04-2010 at 02:18 PM   #9
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post
I plan on dropping it too, as soon as a course opens up that I want. But for the sake of getting your timetable filled, it does the trick.
Old 07-04-2010 at 03:26 PM   #10
Toast
Elite Member

Liked: 258 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleluzer View Post
good luck
It's 45 minutes per session. SOLAR and MUGSI like to act up a lot, however.

Old 07-04-2010 at 03:46 PM   #11
littleluzer

Liked: 0 Times

huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post
why is it boring?
Old 07-04-2010 at 05:35 PM   #12
anthony

Yeah i already took 2 geography courses but i need 1 more. i could have swore that its 45 minute sessions not a day
Old 07-04-2010 at 06:53 PM   #13
mcmurdd1

Liked: 2 Times

I had absolutely no problems getting my courses. I guess thats the advantage of going into your final year and being on the ball on registration day. Sucks for you
Old 07-04-2010 at 06:55 PM   #14
anthony

Yeah sucks to be first year on one of the last days
Old 07-04-2010 at 08:35 PM   #15
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony View Post

It's 45 mins from when you first log onto MUGSI. So, say you're on MUGSI and it takes you half an hour to log onto SOLAR (or you wait half an hour before logging onto SOLAR, without logging out of MUGSI in between), then you only have 10 mins left on SOLAR.

It has been blocking people for over-usage, which is something pretty new--I don't think it's done that in past years, but this isn't the first time I've heard of it, either...not sure what to make of it :|

As for the full courses, things will likely open up, so keep trying! You're guaranteed a seat in required courses, but not electives, so those are pretty much just luck/perseverence.