MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OUSA Access Focus Groups: October 25th to 29th huzaifa47 MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-18-2010 10:28 PM
Can't focus in CHEM-1E ninjamachete General Discussion 11 09-24-2010 12:49 AM
Best way to maintain focus? Alchemist11 General Discussion 6 12-04-2009 04:29 PM
Looking for Off-Campus Housing? First Focus on Your Group anjali Residence & Off-Campus Living 0 01-16-2008 08:38 AM

I can't focus at all :'(

Old 04-13-2011 at 12:03 AM   #1
Rock007

Liked: 0 Times

I can't focus at all :'(
I've been doing not so well because i procrastinate all the time! I honestly don't know how to deal with it. I have a report due tomorrow and an exam on saturday and monday. I feel suffocated and I don't know where to start.
I need some motivation :( I feel so depressed and lost.. I have no hope of graduating mac with a degree. Please someone help me? :'(
HOW DO I OVERCOME PROCRASATINATION!!!!? !!?

And don't hate.. if you have nothing good or helpful to say... dont bother expressing your opinion.
Old 04-13-2011 at 12:04 AM   #2
I r Babboon
Account Locked

Liked: 37 Times

Go to the library. When you go somewhere to do something, you get shit done.

lawleypop likes this.
Old 04-13-2011 at 12:07 AM   #3
klibzy

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock007 View Post
I've been doing not so well because i procrastinate all the time! I honestly don't know how to deal with it. I have a report due tomorrow and an exam on saturday and monday. I feel suffocated and I don't know where to start.
I need some motivation :( I feel so depressed and lost.. I have no hope of graduating mac with a degree. Please someone help me? :'(
HOW DO I OVERCOME PROCRASATINATION!!!!? !!?

And don't hate.. if you have nothing good or helpful to say... dont bother expressing your opinion.
for starters, get off macinsiders and start doing work/ studying for exams.

seriously though, whenever i feel im procrastinating too much i turn my computer off, leave my room, and go somewhere quiet with just my textbook and notes and do work.
Old 04-13-2011 at 12:15 AM   #4
Roy Jones Jr

Watch this video, and i guarantee that you will feel PUMPED!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myyWXKeBsNk
Old 04-13-2011 at 12:16 AM   #5
JonC89

Liked: 6 Times

Try this instead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoCOg8ZzUfg
Old 04-13-2011 at 12:19 AM   #6
Roy Jones Jr

lol, niceeeee
Old 04-13-2011 at 12:21 AM   #7
terrafirma

Liked: 48 Times

Try this: http://rescuetime.com/ref/286682
application tracks all the procrastination you do, and blocks distracting stuff if you want so you'll be forced to work.
Old 04-13-2011 at 12:31 AM   #8
Grover
The Law
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 254 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Jones Jr View Post
Watch this video, and i guarantee that you will feel PUMPED!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myyWXKeBsNk
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonC89 View Post
Guys, you are doing it wrong.

But, seriously, when you have a mountain of work piled in front of you, you've just got to do it. You may be tired come morning, but if you finish, you will feel all the more satisfied.

The library suggestion is good too.

Tailsnake likes this.
Old 04-13-2011 at 01:51 AM   #9
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Start working now.

Like for me with math, I just started tackling the final exam review even though I didn't know all the concepts. If there's something you don't get, then look in the book/your notes. Try the question again. If all else fails, make sure you have at least one nerdy friend to ask for help.
Old 04-13-2011 at 04:35 AM   #10
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

Liked: 110 Times

take adderal

(only if you have ADD)
Old 04-13-2011 at 07:06 AM   #11
sayok8737

Liked: 7 Times

Argh I'm in the same boat as you with the procrastination. Hmm, we procrastinate so much because we work better under pressure... it's true. I literally cannot focus unless its like the DAY BEFORE. But today I am going to force myself to study for an exam that's a week away. I think you just gotta get into an environment where you see everyone else studying and that should hopefully inspire you. If they all can do it, why can't you? Find a really quiet spot where you can't get distracted and STUDY ALONE or with one person, more productive that way. Honestly, I know exactly what you feel like, but sometimes we just have to force ourselves... And just think, if you don't get an education wth are you gonna do with your life? YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 04-13-2011 at 08:28 AM   #12
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

umm just wandering but how do you get tested for ADD.....for the past couple weeks it seems that i havent been completely there and i swear ill get a max solid hour of work done a day and the rest would just be surfing the web or napping or random reading. i can barely concentrate for like 10 min without getting distracted.....i swear i spent a quarter to half the day yesterday just reading random threads on here ><
Old 04-13-2011 at 08:36 AM   #13
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by krup92 View Post
umm just wandering but how do you get tested for ADD.....for the past couple weeks it seems that i havent been completely there and i swear ill get a max solid hour of work done a day and the rest would just be surfing the web or napping or random reading. i can barely concentrate for like 10 min without getting distracted.....i swear i spent a quarter to half the day yesterday just reading random threads on here ><
Thats not ADD; a majority of the student population at McMaster suffers from this 'do-one-hour-of-work-spend-the-rest-of-the-day-doing-shit-all' condition.

Its called being a lazy mofo.. stop thinking that theres something wrong with ya and just do it.. maybe you find it really hard to initiate things, but just get rid of your internet or something. All my notes are on my laptop, so I have no use for my wifi, so I just hit fcn+f2 and cut myself off from the world.

Also: blasting the radio, turning off the TV, and working in a place devoid of any living things helps.

p.s. bye, *fcn+f2*

Last edited by RyanC : 04-13-2011 at 08:44 AM.

Alchemist11, Chevalier like this.
Old 04-13-2011 at 08:37 AM   #14
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by krup92 View Post
Then go to the [] library, sit yourself on the 4th floor, put in ear plugs, and don't bring/touch your iPhone/iPod/phone/mp3/LAPTOP.

Seriously, this is retarded.

I'm unmotivated/lazy: I must [] have ADD (not just calling you out btw, just so happened your post is the latest one to annoy me, haha XDD)

an hour of work a day? I don't think I get an hour of work done a week. I wish I was exaggerating.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 04-13-2011 at 09:02 AM   #15
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

Quote:
"do-one-hour-of-work-spend-the-rest-of-the-day-doing-shit-all" condition
lol so true

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Then go to the [] library, sit yourself on the 4th floor, put in ear plugs, and don't bring/touch your iPhone/iPod/phone/mp3/LAPTOP.

Seriously, this is retarded.

I'm unmotivated/lazy: I must [] have ADD (not just calling you out btw, just so happened your post is the latest one to annoy me, haha XDD)

an hour of work a day? I don't think I get an hour of work done a week. I wish I was exaggerating.
lol i plan on , and i know im just being a whiny little kid haha

lawleypop, RyanC like this.