MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OUSA Access Focus Groups: October 25th to 29th huzaifa47 MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-18-2010 10:28 PM
Can't focus in CHEM-1E ninjamachete General Discussion 11 09-24-2010 12:49 AM
Best way to maintain focus? Alchemist11 General Discussion 6 12-04-2009 04:29 PM
Looking for Off-Campus Housing? First Focus on Your Group anjali Residence & Off-Campus Living 0 01-16-2008 08:38 AM

I can't focus at all :'(

Old 04-13-2011 at 11:26 AM   #16
ytpos
too poor to change this

Liked: 15 Times

make friends with a keener. their study habits will guilt you into studying. if you work well under pressure, try to get as much possible done each day early on. create that stressful environment for yourself rather than waiting until the last day to study.

i find it's easier to continue studying than to start, so just open those notes and force yourself to read them. i also like studying with someone. even if you're both doing your own thing, it's nice to have someone beside you that you can strike up a conversation with at any time. like when i feel i can't study any more, instead of going on the internet and wasting a few hours, i talk about something random with said keener friend.
Old 04-13-2011 at 12:00 PM   #17
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Set goals with rewards. That's how I motivate myself. If I get a few hours work done, or through a certain chapter then I get to watch a TV show. Or I get to eat. Or other things I want to do. Currently making my way through "Always Sunny in Philadelphia" for the first time. But only for 20 mins at a time. Just enough to rest my brain, but not get out of the game totally.

Old 04-13-2011 at 12:05 PM   #18
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

We all know what you're going through man. It's hard to focus on exams. Personally I had myself banned from my minecraft server until exams are over.

My suggestion is to change your surroundings (library is always good) and to remove yourself from distractions. For example, if you find a game console is your distraction, put the controller far away from the system and hide it. If you have to work for your distractions you're less likely to be distracted. Or if it is mindless internet browsing that is your vice, temporarily remove all your bookmarks that make it easy to get to where you should not be.
Old 04-13-2011 at 08:17 PM   #19
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I like to set goals for myself, even really short term ones, and give myself rewards. For example, "I'll finish two more lectures, then I'll watch an episode of [whatever show]. Then I'll do three more lectures after that, and I'll be done for the night"

It's hard to tackle studying or assignments all at once because there is so much to do. If you break it down (and give yourself rewards), it makes it easier.
Old 04-13-2011 at 08:58 PM   #20
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

today was a very vaery productive day....im happy ... nothing like imminent threat of exams to get you in the mood to buckle down and study your ass off
Old 04-13-2011 at 09:04 PM   #21
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Go to school, study study study!
Old 04-14-2011 at 12:07 AM   #22
Scarecrow
Dr. Crane

Liked: 89 Times

britb likes this.
Old 04-14-2011 at 02:13 PM   #23
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

[IMG]http://images1.memegenerator .net/ImageMacro/7057124/Study-for-geo-exam-2-hours-before-95.jpg?imageSize=Medi um&generatorName=**** -Yeah[/IMG]