MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lol, MacInsiders knows it.. blackdragon Computers & Tech 2 08-26-2010 02:38 PM
Help with Macinsiders jo87 Computers & Tech 13 04-16-2010 07:51 PM
Macinsiders jtran89 Clubs & Groups 4 11-05-2008 02:12 PM
Welcome To MacInsiders! Chad First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 02-25-2008 06:31 PM
All About MacInsiders Chad General Discussion 4 08-01-2007 11:55 PM

can't 'sweep' macinsiders?

Old 11-04-2010 at 11:59 AM   #1
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

can't 'sweep' macinsiders?
not sure how many of you use hotmail... but it has a feature where you can select one message and have the option of deleting all messages from that sender from your inbox.... everyday i get like a bazillion messages from MI but the sweep feature NEVER works (it works for all other emails)

does anyone kno the cause or a fix for this?
Old 11-04-2010 at 01:05 PM   #2
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

What what what?
You mean here I was, going through 5 years of never-even-considered-deleting-emails, ticking them all separately?

Where is this feature. D:

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 11-04-2010 at 01:10 PM   #3
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

I wish Hotmail had the "empty" feature for your inbox like they do for your junk and deleted folders. :/
Old 11-04-2010 at 01:50 PM   #4
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

You can just get MI to stop sending you emails in the settings.
Old 11-04-2010 at 03:33 PM   #5
moonlitnight

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
What what what?
You mean here I was, going through 5 years of never-even-considered-deleting-emails, ticking them all separately?

Where is this feature. D:
you select the sender you want to delete all emails from, select sweep > delete all from

eg. if you want to delete all emails from Facebook
select one of them > sweep> delete all from
and all are gone!

Rukia - check if the sender ID's are same. It doesn't work if the sender ID's are different, even if its from the same website

lawleypop says thanks to moonlitnight for this post.
Old 11-04-2010 at 03:35 PM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
You can just get MI to stop sending you emails in the settings.
how?

I discontinued use of the email, @symatico.ca, that I use for MacInsiders because of all the subscription spam...
Old 11-04-2010 at 03:37 PM   #7
giftedchick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlitnight View Post
you select the sender you want to delete all emails from, select sweep > delete all from

eg. if you want to delete all emails from Facebook
select one of them > sweep> delete all from
and all are gone!

Rukia - check if the sender ID's are same. It doesn't work if the sender ID's are different, even if its from the same website
ive checked b4.. they all come from:"[email protected] "
Old 11-04-2010 at 03:40 PM   #8
giftedchick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
how?

I discontinued use of the email, @symatico.ca, that I use for MacInsiders because of all the subscription spam...
u have to unsubscribe to the thread sending u messages.... MI is set up so that u automatically subscribe to any thread u post in... u can go to ur settings and change the default to no subscription.. or select how often u would like to be notified of replies
Old 11-04-2010 at 04:57 PM   #9
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

My Settings (very top of page)->My Settings and Privacy->Messaging & Notification->Default Thread Subscription Mode->No email notification.

In the future you will no longer receive an email when someone posts in a thread that you will subscribe to (either by previously posting in it, or by manually subscribing to it).

In order to stop getting emails from threads that you have already been subscribed to, click My Settings->New Subscribed Threads->Check the very top checkbox on the right (next to Notifications)->Scroll down to the bottom of the list and click the 'Move to folder' menu button, then click click 'No email notification'.

You are now subscribed to all threads that you have posted in, but will not receive emails from MI when someone posts in any of these threads. In order to see when subscribed threads have been updated since you last viewed them, click on Settings at the top, and scroll down to the bottom. All updated threads (threads with new posts) will be displayed there.

Last edited by SilentWalker : 11-04-2010 at 04:59 PM.

Chad says thanks to SilentWalker for this post.
Old 11-04-2010 at 05:00 PM   #10
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Turn off thread subscriptions and you wont receive any more mail from MI except for the occasional newsletter if you opted in for it.
Old 11-04-2010 at 05:01 PM   #11
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

don't subscribe to every thread <_<
Old 11-04-2010 at 05:23 PM   #12
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Turn off thread subscriptions and you wont receive any more mail from MI except for the occasional newsletter if you opted in for it.
I did. And I still get e-mails from the occasional thread. It requires me to go through the list of threads I've posted in and manually unsuscribe.

... You've seen how much I post. >_>

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 11-04-2010 at 07:38 PM   #13
amyshi

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I did. And I still get e-mails from the occasional thread. It requires me to go through the list of threads I've posted in and manually unsuscribe.

... You've seen how much I post. >_>
I know eh. I get like 5 emails a day because of that "things that are annoying" thread.