locker rental ab299 General Discussion 16 09-07-2013 03:26 PM
Laptop rental santiagoeb Computers & Tech 7 09-29-2011 09:39 AM
DVD Rental Referendum Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 10-20-2008 08:26 AM

Car Rental Options ??

Old 03-24-2014 at 12:13 AM   #1
Kevinabrahak

Liked: 8 Times

Car Rental Options ??
I'm looking to rent a car for about a year ? I was advised to try through McMaster's car rental web links for options. I was also hoping to find out if anybody has rented a car before for either a week or a month and whats the procedure to do so? Avis, Enterprise and Carter Car Rentals are few options I'm looking into as of now. Additionally, I've also tried looking into leasing options. Would appreciate if anybody could advice me on my options.

thanks
Old 03-24-2014 at 10:47 AM   #2
macbaby07
Elite Member

Liked: 54 Times

are you talking about carshares?

if you are, i've been with two of them so far - Hamilton community carshare and i'm currently with Discount Student Carshare

these are their links:

http://communitycarshare.ca

http://www.studentcarshare.c a

if you have any questions, feel free to inbox me
Old 03-24-2014 at 12:16 PM   #3
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

Are you looking to keep the car with you for a full year? If so, I think a lease might be best...I'm not sure how a long term rental would work, and car share options would be out the window for that long of a time.
Old 03-24-2014 at 03:52 PM   #4
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

If you are using the car for just one year then it is kind of an awkward time since it would be a very short lease or a long rental and will be expensive. Car sharing like what was mentioned above is really good especially if you book the car ahead of time to reserve your spots. Otherwise, maybe consider buying a junker for $1000-$2000 and run in into the ground, or sell it for scrap at the end
Old 03-24-2014 at 05:40 PM   #5
Kevinabrahak

Liked: 8 Times

How does car sharing work ? I believe you could only book it for a max of 4 days at once. All i need the car is to travel to and from work for a year. Using the local transit is also an option but it takes a lot longer. how could I work it out ?

thanks
Old 03-24-2014 at 05:46 PM   #6
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

If you went with the car sharing route you would most likely end up paying for the entire day (so hourly rate * (8-10 hours)), plus you might not be allowed to do that since you would sort of be hogging the car. Have you looked at car pooling?
https://www.carpoolzone.smart commute.ca/en/my/

or https://mcmaster.carpoolzone. smart...n/my/index.php
Old 03-25-2014 at 02:25 PM   #7
crudel42

Liked: 3 Times

Long term rental is not economically viable. If you need a car everyday for commute, its best to just lease or buy a used car. Can you list out how much KM per day/week/month you will be using the car? Also how long do you need it for in term of hours? It might help us to narrow down choices for you.
Old 04-04-2014 at 04:11 AM   #8
chrisatorain

Liked: 0 Times

rent a car
you just go through this site to get car for rent "usrentacar".It will help you..!!!
Old 04-04-2014 at 04:13 AM   #9
chrisatorain

Liked: 0 Times

rent a car
Just go through this site for rent a car "usrentacar".It may help you.