MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[urgent] "account is full (quota exceeded)" email problem WekSos Academics 3 07-06-2010 11:33 AM
When is Deferred Exam Grade Release? islytt Academics 1 06-24-2010 07:09 PM
Psychology 1X03's "optional" and "required" texts WitekS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 40 08-26-2009 10:38 PM
Renewal Visionary "Storm Cunningham" to Speak at McMaster Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-22-2009 03:34 PM

Casio fx-991 MS "PLUS" OK??

Old 08-19-2010 at 04:21 PM   #1
dlee

Liked: Liked 3 Times

Casio fx-991 MS "PLUS" OK??
I bought a calculator at Staples and this one I got is Casio fx-991MS PLUS. I read previous posts about how Mac only allows a specific Casio model. But I am unsure if the "PLUS" model is ok to use? Also how much is it at the bookstore at Mac? Should I just keep the "PLUS" one or buy the normal Casio fx-991MS?
Old 08-19-2010 at 04:23 PM   #2
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 453 Times

I bought the PLUS too and I've been told by people here that it's fine it looks exactly the same as the CASIO FX 991 MS from the google image searches I did, and when I looked at the calc at titles it was the same there too.

TheMist likes this.
Old 08-19-2010 at 04:36 PM   #3
dlee

Thanks! So "titles" is Mac bookstore? They actually sell fx-991 MS PLUS model?

I can't notice the difference from google image too..yet two different model exists.

How much is it at the "titles"?
Old 08-19-2010 at 04:42 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlee View Post
Thanks! So "titles" is Mac bookstore? They actually sell fx-991 MS PLUS model?

I can't notice the difference from google image too..yet two different model exists.

How much is it at the "titles"?
No, they just sell the normal version:

http://titles.mcmaster.ca/trade/details.htm?isbn=1-0010-0100-1&a=CASIO%20CALCULATO R&t=FX-991%20CASIO%20SCIENTI FIC%20CALCULATOR%20(T EMP%20FOR%20INVENTORY )&vc=00&sp=23.95
Old 08-19-2010 at 04:44 PM   #5
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 453 Times

when I went to titles on the 10th, I took a picture of the one they had on the rack, it was like 23 dollars and this is what it looked like:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1040sdf006.jpg (528.4 KB, 52 views)
Old 08-19-2010 at 04:45 PM   #6
FrankMiljour

Liked: 4 Times

As long as it says Casio fx-991, you're fine. They actually have a bunch of different fx-991 models. Some don't even look the same. They are all still good to use though. I would steer clear of the ones that look different as some invigilators might cause a fuss not knowing any better.
Old 08-19-2010 at 04:54 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiljour View Post
As long as it says Casio fx-991, you're fine. They actually have a bunch of different fx-991 models. Some don't even look the same. They are all still good to use though. I would steer clear of the ones that look different as some invigilators might cause a fuss not knowing any better.
Yeah, and you can't blame invigilators. They are literally random people from the neighbourhood. But only during exam time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
when I went to titles on the 10th, I took a picture of the one they had on the rack, it was like 23 dollars and this is what it looked like:
They actually sell the plus XD It doesn't say plus on the website though XD. Weird how the calculator itself doesn't even say plus on it... they could literally be selling the same calculator but just package it in a "plus" box XD
Old 08-19-2010 at 05:01 PM   #8
dlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
That is the one I got. So since someone here meantioned that Mac only sells fx-991 MS but I guess they sell both. It sure confused me at first!

Oh never mind, they just sell PLUS. Problem solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Yeah, and you can't blame invigilators. They are literally random people from the neighbourhood. But only during exam time.

They actually sell the plus XD It doesn't say plus on the website though XD. Weird how the calculator itself doesn't even say plus on it... they could literally be selling the same calculator but just package it in a "plus" box XD
I am trying to find out the difference between fx-991MS and fx-991MS PLUS online but seriously, they look exactly the same. Very wierd.

Last edited by jhan523 : 08-19-2010 at 05:03 PM.