MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[urgent] "account is full (quota exceeded)" email problem WekSos Academics 3 07-06-2010 11:33 AM
When is Deferred Exam Grade Release? islytt Academics 1 06-24-2010 07:09 PM
OPINION: Coca Cola Referendum - the "Yes" Side of the Debate temara.brown General Discussion 73 02-04-2010 10:05 PM

Psychology 1X03's "optional" and "required" texts

Old 08-25-2009 at 11:24 PM   #1
WitekS

Liked: 0 Times

Psychology 1X03's "optional" and "required" texts
http://titles.mcmaster.ca/text/secti...hcourse=1 X03

Quite the straight forward question... should I get Gray's or will it be a waste?
Old 08-25-2009 at 11:32 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitekS View Post
http://titles.mcmaster.ca/text/secti...hcourse=1 X03

Quite the straight forward question... should I get Gray's or will it be a waste?
I would say the textbook is a waste of money. I also didn't use the CCW last year, but I heard that they actually might test out of it next year (meaning material appearing in the CCW may be on the test).
Old 08-25-2009 at 11:36 PM   #3
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

I heard that class can be easy. How did you find it?

Old 08-25-2009 at 11:37 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternHeat View Post
I heard that class can be easy. How did you find it?
I can be easy if you keep up with the web modules. Doing the quizzes and experiments will also help boost up your mark (I regret not committing to them fully).
Old 08-25-2009 at 11:42 PM   #5
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
I can be easy if you keep up with the web modules. Doing the quizzes and experiments will also help boost up your mark (I regret not committing to them fully).
So lets say you committed to it, did your studying and everything...would a 12 be ok to get?

Old 08-25-2009 at 11:51 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
So lets say you committed to it, did your studying and everything...would a 12 be ok to get?
Hmmm, not sure if that's completely possible. There was an assignment which was kind of like an essay. Not really easy to get a 90 or better in it. But I would say it's definitively possible to get in the double digits (10+). If I actually did all the quizzes and did the experiments I could have gotten a 10, but I got an 8 instead.
Old 08-25-2009 at 11:53 PM   #7
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Hmmm, not sure if that's completely possible. There was an assignment which was kind of like an essay. Not really easy to get a 90 or better in it. But I would say it's definitively possible to get in the double digits (10+). If I actually did all the quizzes and did the experiments I could have gotten a 10, but I got an 8 instead.
Hmmm university will be interesting my friends. A whole new game, I like it

Old 08-26-2009 at 12:01 AM   #8
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I didn't buy the CCW or the optional reading, and I only watched the online modules once and still finished with an 8 in the class last year.

Unless they change the curriculum, I think you'll do fine (Y)

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 08-26-2009 at 12:06 AM   #9
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I didn't buy the CCW or the optional reading, and I only watched the online modules once and still finished with an 8 in the class last year.

Unless they change the curriculum, I think you'll do fine (Y)
Haha ya I plan to really try for university, I've slacked off schooling until now and still ended up with good marks but this stuff really counts so ya.

Old 08-26-2009 at 12:11 AM   #10
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Haha ya I plan to really try for university, I've slacked off schooling until now and still ended up with good marks but this stuff really counts so ya.
It's not like I slacked... I just allocated more of my time to other courses.
Old 08-26-2009 at 12:16 AM   #11
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
No I never said you did, I'm just saying for me.

Old 08-26-2009 at 12:18 AM   #12
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
I definitely slacked. XD By 2nd term, I was sleeping over 14 hours a day with my naps.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 08-26-2009 at 12:20 AM   #13
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
No I never said you did, I'm just saying for me.
Yeah, but I'm just saying that you may allocate more time to certain courses. You have to manage your time really well in order to do very good in all your courses (Unless you are a natural genius ). Otherwise you'll spend more time on courses that you "think are more important".
Old 08-26-2009 at 12:21 AM   #14
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I definitely slacked. XD By 2nd term, I was sleeping over 14 hours a day with my naps.
Haha slacking is not an option for me anymore. For me this is make or break. Work hard now to ensure a good career and hopefully a good life. Of course I will still have a social life, just not too much. I don't mind really, there will be lots of time to chill later in life and I've already had many great experiences and I still will

Old 08-26-2009 at 12:22 AM   #15
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Yeah, but I'm just saying that you may allocate more time to certain courses. You have to manage your time really well in order to do very good in all your courses (Unless you are a natural genius ). Otherwise you'll spend more time on courses that you "think are more important".
They are all important to me, maybe a tad less for my econ electives but I plan to do well there too.