MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Change username .. L'Étoile General Discussion 23 12-27-2010 06:06 PM
How do u change tutorials???? Cassandraa87 Academics 2 08-11-2010 03:14 PM
Can i change my roommate before i move into residence building ilovemac Residence & Housing 10 07-03-2009 11:31 PM
Course Change shapkin123 Academics 3 09-08-2008 04:34 PM
Course Change? Ruggedman Academics 11 09-04-2008 08:54 AM

change residence?

Old 10-21-2011 at 09:04 AM   #1
jessiemc

Liked: 0 Times

change residence?
Does any one know if there is any chance i can move out of residence or even change another roommate(move to another room)?????????????
Or does any one want to change roommate so we can switch...

Please !please help me ..i really have to do something or else i will lose my sleep for the whole university year................. ......

Forget to say that i already talk to my CA which is not really helpful..
All they can do is just talk...like : did you talk to your roommate?? can i talk to you guys about the issue..
ok..........seriously ,,if talking can solve our problem,,i would have already talk to my roommate twenty times and find the solution....
Old 10-21-2011 at 09:33 AM   #2
icecubz
Trollin Ain't Easy

Liked: 115 Times

talk to the residence manager. had a friend switch rooms in his rez last year due to a crazy roommate. check the link to see who your rez manger is.

http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Residence...ment_team.html

Last edited by icecubz : 10-21-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-21-2011 at 10:48 AM   #3
LHen

Liked: 0 Times

I know a couple people who were able to change rooms midway through the year to cope with roomate problems, talking to your residence advisor is probably the best way to get that started. I went through the process of wanting to move out of rez last year and that is really not a good option. You only get some of your money back if a student takes over your room after you move out and out of everyone who moves out very few end up getting their money back.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Old 10-21-2011 at 02:37 PM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Try leaving a creepy serialkiller-esque letter for them to find... maybe they'll straighten up

Snowman likes this.
Old 10-21-2011 at 04:46 PM   #5
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

just keep in mind that if someone else wants to switch roomates, you may get the crazy roomate the other person had so you may not be better off.
Old 10-22-2011 at 10:18 AM   #6
Allana:)

Liked: 46 Times

I'm sorry to hear that you guys aren't getting along. Sleep is definitely important!

If there is any way that you can work it out, I would recommend doing so. You should probably take the CA up on his or her offer. I say this because I had a friend who had to go through the process last year and it was very long and difficult.

Good luck!

dmzz likes this.
Old 10-22-2011 at 04:35 PM   #7
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

just out of curiosity, what's wrong with your roommate?