MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SOLAR reopens for all students when? DMe3 Academics 18 07-10-2011 10:00 PM
How do you change times for your core, lab, and tutorial for your timetable on solar memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-15-2010 12:26 PM
How to change timetables around on SOLAR sarahald Academics 9 08-10-2010 03:26 PM
How do I change my cources on SOLAR? amare First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-12-2010 10:42 AM
Timetable change heliya First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-12-2008 07:06 PM

change timetable when solar reopens

Old 08-07-2012 at 10:36 AM   #1
banana93

Liked: 11 Times

change timetable when solar reopens
when is solar reopening? on thursday...but what time ?
ALSO, can you still change your class times and the course (like to different professors) or is it only the labs/tutorials that you can change?
when the solar when it reopens, is it complicated to change your course times and stuff.( cause i know it'll be different from the solar opened in june).
can anyone explain how the solar system goes when it reopens.(like, does it show the actual timetable of yours, and you can scroll down the arrow to set your time and stuff..or sth...)
Old 08-07-2012 at 10:37 AM   #2
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

you can change anything as long as the selection is not full.

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 08-07-2012 at 10:39 AM   #3
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

It looks like it did in june, so its a list of the courses youre enrolled in, then you choose to modify one, and then you can drop down the list of tutorials and labs etc, and see which are available or full, choose which you want and click apply changes.
It doesnt lay out a timetable for you, you have to know where those labs and tutorials will fit into your schedule.
Old 08-07-2012 at 10:55 AM   #4
banana93

Liked: 11 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanieee View Post
It looks like it did in june, so its a list of the courses youre enrolled in, then you choose to modify one, and then you can drop down the list of tutorials and labs etc, and see which are available or full, choose which you want and click apply changes.
It doesnt lay out a timetable for you, you have to know where those labs and tutorials will fit into your schedule.
does it show you the time? or do i have to know the code like C01 for classes, L02/T03 for the labs/tutorials. what if you pick a time that can't be fit into, does it tell you "errors"??
Old 08-07-2012 at 11:45 AM   #5
Kevinabrahak

Liked: 8 Times

when will changes to the personal time table be reflected ? Is it right after you apply and verify your changes or on a later date ?
Old 08-07-2012 at 12:46 PM   #6
CourtneyH
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

You will need to know the codes for all cores, tutorials and labs. The times are not shown on SOLAR.

Personal timetables will reflect any changes by the next day. Often I have checked and they are updated after a few hours.

Regardless, it is important to draw out a schedule of when the cores/labs/tutorials are offered so that you can make changes on SOLAR quickly and effectively.
Old 08-07-2012 at 12:55 PM   #7
jshen

Liked: 0 Times

When may we start changing our timetables--August 9 at 8:30 am?
Old 08-07-2012 at 12:59 PM   #8
ct5892

Liked: 0 Times

go to timetablegenerator.co m and plan it out before you go into SOLAR

question though: for classes that are EOW, is there a way to know which weeks its on? (ie. weeks 1,3 or 2,4 of the month)
Old 08-07-2012 at 01:09 PM   #9
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana93 View Post
does it show you the time? or do i have to know the code like C01 for classes, L02/T03 for the labs/tutorials. what if you pick a time that can't be fit into, does it tell you "errors"??
Yes you need to know the codes so have it all planned out and ready
I believe if there is going to be a conflict with a course you're taking it will say CONFLICT where it usually says PASSED (when you've passed all the pre reqs, etc). But it doesnt go into to detail and tell you why theres a conflict. I think it still lets you enroll as long as you have the prereqs. When your timetable is updated itll show you exactly what the conlict is - but you should know before hand.
Old 08-07-2012 at 01:59 PM   #10
randhirmiz

Liked: 12 Times

What are the chances of getting the exact tutorials/labs you want if you log on the day after it opens? Because I have a good feeling SOLAR won't let me on until about 4am..
Old 08-07-2012 at 03:46 PM   #11
guptas46

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct5892 View Post
go to timetablegenerator.co m and plan it out before you go into SOLAR

question though: for classes that are EOW, is there a way to know which weeks its on? (ie. weeks 1,3 or 2,4 of the month)
it depends. usually it says so in great detail on the course outline.

It's worth noting that different courses do different things, (ie odds first.. evens first... etc) and different courses deal with the long weekend differently, some people cancel all labs the week, some don't and just rearrange the monday class etc. Best thing to do is not schedule EOW things together, or atleast wait til first and talk to your profs! Also in general EOW things don't run all the way to the end of the semester (like there's maybe 5 or 6 labs for chem 1a03? that's not 3 months worth lol)

hope that helps!

-s

EDIT: "some people" meaning the course administrators lol not students.

ct5892 likes this.
Old 08-07-2012 at 03:49 PM   #12
guptas46

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by randhirmiz View Post
What are the chances of getting the exact tutorials/labs you want if you log on the day after it opens? Because I have a good feeling SOLAR won't let me on until about 4am..
sorry for the double post but

a) it's at 8:30 am this time

and b) it depends on the course and stuff. usually there's extra seats, but sometimes professors lock some tutorial seats for people who have serious conflicts (ie lecture cores from other courses that can't be moved occupy all but one tutorial) , they help them sort it out.

hope that helps!
-s