MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Changing OSAP MacPack Financial Aid 2 07-25-2010 02:58 PM
Changing Rooms RichieX23 Residence & Housing 3 06-30-2010 04:30 PM
Changing Programs fred Academics 1 06-14-2010 12:10 AM
Changing TT skelly89 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-11-2008 10:20 AM
Addresses and phone numbers for residences amyf Residence & Housing 1 08-11-2008 08:09 AM

Changing Addresses...

Old 08-25-2008 at 05:33 PM   #1
MohitB

Liked: 3 Times

Changing Addresses...
Hi everyone,

First of all thanks for opening this post. Well on to the question. I was wondering if I should change my address for my Driver's License/Bank Account etc., basically every ID that requires an address to the residence address?

Thanks!
Old 08-25-2008 at 05:36 PM   #2
JBeans

Liked: 14 Times

I never changed my address around. The only mail that I changed to Hamilton is my stuff for Mac
Old 08-25-2008 at 06:18 PM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

I don't think that is necessary. I wouldn't consider campus being your permanent residence. If anything happens to you, and I pray that nothing does, they'll go to the address on the card, so they'll be in contact with your parents.
Old 08-25-2008 at 11:07 PM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Unless you can get a discount on your car insurance, I wouldn't go through the hassle of changing it all for 8 months. If you're living off campus for upper years, I do suggest it though.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-25-2008 at 11:41 PM   #5
Reno V

Liked: 38 Times

I don't think I'll bother changing.

Too much of a hassle, and it's not like I get anything worthwhile or important in the mail anyways
, other than from mac. It's all electronic, saving the trees yo.
Old 08-26-2008 at 09:46 AM   #6
thatdudeukno

Why bother?
Old 08-27-2008 at 08:53 AM   #7
DavidR

Liked: 87 Times

Just a comment on this: my student house is still receiving mail from students who lived there about 5 years ago. We're also receiving credit card bills, tax returns, magazines from the last folks who lived there. I've never changed my address because I don't want other people getting my mail once I leave (especially sensitive stuff) and the changeover can take some time. Heck, we still get my sister's phone bill at my home even though she moved out a year ago and called them several times.

My parents just call me when I get important mail