MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Changing major to Biology from Life Science: When to apply? yourPal Academics 1 06-29-2015 03:05 PM
Double Major in Economics and Political Science mobakri First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-19-2013 03:59 PM
Double major in Political Science & Peace Studies Lawstudent Academics 1 10-19-2011 11:46 AM

Changing my major from PNB to political science

Old 06-14-2018 at 11:51 AM   #1
AnthonyRM70

Liked: 0 Times

Changing my major from PNB to political science
Hey everyone,
So I was recently making my schedule for next year. I soon realized maybe PNB isn't for me. Intro to calc is probably not suited for me, for that reason I would like to change my major. Is that okay to do? Will McMaster let change my major? I feel really organized but I just want to make sure Im doing the most appropriate major for future reasons.
Thanks in advance!
-Anthony
Old 06-14-2018 at 03:22 PM   #2
old guy

Liked: 5 Times

If you're already in socsci, you can transfer to another socsci program no problem. You just have to meet the course requirements. Transferring across faculties is harder.

The Mac polisci department gets very politically radical after first year. The problem is that nobody is going to give you a job just because you can critique imperialism and list all the sins of white people. You will also have to be very good at writing essays, they do have high standards.

It sounds like you want to quit PNB just because you're scared of calc. Adulthood, employment, parenting and so on will all demand of you that you become good at things which make you uncomfortable and which you're not initially good at, so you may as well start improving your character today with a calculus class.