MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why don't Physics 1B03/Bio 1B03 have any tutorials listed on Master Timetable :| ? m0nica First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 07-12-2010 10:00 AM
changing your timetable Paul91 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-15-2009 04:24 PM
changing tutorials/labs newsha Academics 1 01-16-2009 02:57 PM
Changing TT skelly89 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-11-2008 10:20 AM

Changing Timetable Tutorials

Old 08-08-2011 at 09:17 PM   #1
autman

Liked: 0 Times

Changing Timetable Tutorials
I only have tutorials I need switched to get my ideal schedule (No classes before 11:00 AM ) Is it possible for me to switch only the tutorials and not the classes. If so how easy is this?
Old 08-08-2011 at 09:19 PM   #2
-Ish-

Liked: 56 Times

Yup, on August 10th when SOLAR opens up, under the tab "Tutorial" just select the code you wish to be in. As long as it isn't full, there should be no problem in getting into the slot.

Mahes says thanks to -Ish- for this post.

Mahes likes this.
Old 08-08-2011 at 09:33 PM   #3
jen-power

Liked: 1 Time

Are tutorials already on the timetables? I was just told by an upper year that the T on the timetable stands for test. I thought every class gets a tutorial and I only have 2 "T"s on my timetable, that being Kin and Chem.
Old 08-08-2011 at 09:36 PM   #4
-Ish-

Tutorials are um, basically taking up homework & assignments.
Go through the mcmaster time-table (punch in your subject and course code):
https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/
once you scroll through the page if you find codes with the letter "T" that means that course of yours should have a tutorial. Otherwise, the ones that don't have a "T" code - don't have tutorials.

Mahes likes this.
Old 08-08-2011 at 09:36 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen-power View Post
Are tutorials already on the timetables? I was just told by an upper year that the T on the timetable stands for test. I thought every class gets a tutorial and I only have 2 "T"s on my timetable, that being Kin and Chem.
T## is a tutorial section.
Old 08-08-2011 at 09:37 PM   #6
hcchchan

Quote:
As far as I know, T is for tutorials, C is for cores (lectures), and L is for labs.

Not all classes have tutorials. It depends on the course.
Old 08-08-2011 at 09:38 PM   #7
-Ish-

Oh, & yes the timetables given to you should have the tutorials for the courses you've enrolled into. Being a Life-Scier myself, Kin & Chem are also my two lone courses with tutorials. (I also have a tutorials for Math 1LS3 - if taking that course you should have a tutorial for this as well|).

jen-power, Mahes all say thanks to -Ish- for this post.
Old 08-08-2011 at 09:38 PM   #8
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

Quote:
Uhh..that upper year was wrong, the T's stand for your tutorial sections and they should already be on your timetable. Not all courses have tutorials, but I see that you're in Life Sci so assuming you're taking the general Life Sci courses, these are the ones that I know have a tutorial:

CHEM 1A03/1AA3, BIO 1M03, MATH 1LS3/1LT3, PSYCH 1X03/1XX3

For other courses that you might be taking, check the undergraduate calendar

jen-power says thanks to MichaelScarn for this post.

Mahes likes this.
Old 08-08-2011 at 09:42 PM   #9
jen-power

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelScarn View Post
Uhh..that upper year was wrong, the T's stand for your tutorial sections and they should already be on your timetable. Not all courses have tutorials, but I see that you're in Life Sci so assuming you're taking the general Life Sci courses, these are the ones that I know have a tutorial:

I don't have a tutorial for Psych 1x03...
Old 08-08-2011 at 09:42 PM   #10
-Ish-

Psych 1X03 doesn't have a tutorial.

jen-power says thanks to -Ish- for this post.
Old 08-08-2011 at 09:43 PM   #11
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:

Just a careful note that PSYCH 1X03'tutorials' are marked as Cores in your timetable.

If you didn't know, PSYCh 1X03 lectures are all online.

jen-power says thanks to particle for this post.
Old 08-08-2011 at 09:44 PM   #12
jen-power

Thanks a lot everyone. I knew T was for tutorials but when I was told they're "actually" tests I was very confused.
Old 08-08-2011 at 09:59 PM   #13
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by particle View Post
Just a careful note that PSYCH 1X03'tutorials' are marked as Cores in your timetable.

If you didn't know, PSYCh 1X03 lectures are all online.
Oh yea, thanks Particle for the clarification, should've mentioned that. Dunno why the tutorials are actually "C" and I think it's the same for 1XX3
Old 08-09-2011 at 03:44 PM   #14
Mabdel

What do u mean, lectures are online? We don't attend these?
Old 08-09-2011 at 03:47 PM   #15
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Oh yea, thanks Particle for the clarification, should've mentioned that. Dunno why the tutorials are actually "C" and I think it's the same for 1XX3
Because in order to list tutorials/labs on the Master TimeTable you first need to have cores listed for that class. Since there are no actual classes/cores during the school year and to let people know the different times of tutorials they had to mark is as a core.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabdel View Post
What do u mean, lectures are online? We don't attend these?
Yeah the lectures are online at your disposal..just make sure to go through them before going to the tutorials.