MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Master Timetable: No professor listed :O RememberTwce Academics 4 06-08-2010 12:02 AM

Why don't Physics 1B03/Bio 1B03 have any tutorials listed on Master Timetable :| ?

Old 07-04-2010 at 06:46 PM   #1
m0nica
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

Why don't Physics 1B03/Bio 1B03 have any tutorials listed on Master Timetable :| ?
Is the Master Timetable just deceiving me... or am I reallly just doomed to failure? I mean no tutorials for Physics? This is federal emergency lol :|

*1A03 Bio, that is....
Old 07-04-2010 at 07:55 PM   #2
ali11

Liked: 7 Times

Don't worry yourself, at least for Physics 1B03. The labs are the most helpful things in that course, as they teach you things you learn in class through application. They're better than tutorials where a TA teaches things in front of a class.

m0nica says thanks to ali11 for this post.
Old 07-04-2010 at 08:03 PM   #3
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

there is a physics help center with TA's available to help you, it's a drop in sorta thing and there's plenty of availability. every time i ever went, it was fairly empty (except around test times)

m0nica says thanks to SciMania for this post.
Old 07-04-2010 at 08:09 PM   #4
m0nica
Account Disabled by User

so... there are really no lectures designated for these coures?
THANKS GUYS BTW!
Old 07-04-2010 at 08:21 PM   #5
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

There are definitely lectures...that's the C01, C02, etc. But no, there are no tutorials.

Although, for Bio 1A03, I seem to remember that in the week we didn't have the lab, we had a tutorial of sorts...not sure if they still have that though. Phys 1B03 definitely doesn't have tutorials. In the labs you 'figure stuff out yourself' since the TAs aren't allowed to tell you anything, even whether you're right or wrong...so I didn't find the labs all that helpful, just really frustrating at times. The Thode help centre was good, though
Old 07-04-2010 at 08:28 PM   #6
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Chemistry courses were the only ones that had the alternating lab and tutorial weeks last year - bio 1A03 and Physics 1B03 both just have labs (physics labs are weekly). I enjoyed the physics labs a lot more than the bio ones, personally. Alex is a true god of the physical realm.

Old 07-04-2010 at 08:32 PM   #7
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahratta View Post
Chemistry courses were the only ones that had the alternating lab and tutorial weeks last year - bio 1A03 and Physics 1B03 both just have labs (physics labs are weekly). I enjoyed the physics labs a lot more than the bio ones, personally. Alex is a true god of the physical realm.
Hm, I guess they changed it from my year then. They weren't that useful, anyways, especially at 8:30am

...ohhhh Alex
Old 07-04-2010 at 09:04 PM   #8
ali11

Liked: 7 Times

Yeah, they must've changed it. Better for you though, cause I remember Bio 1A03 tutorials being a waste of time in my opinion, although I know some people benefited from them.

I never used the Thode help centre, but heard lots of great things from it. Main reason I didn't use it though was because the format of the labs really tries to make you learn the concept. I remember one time I thought I had the concept of... something.. all figured out, but during the lab, I made a mistake and figured it out and realized "WOW I was off on that one" lol.

Alex is a god indeed btw. I fear the man.
Old 07-12-2010 at 08:57 AM   #9
m0nica
Account Disabled by User

Hey guys, who is this Alex you've been referring to as the man lol?
Old 07-12-2010 at 09:26 AM   #10
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Alex is a ruthless monster that lives in the deep dark basement of BSB, he is so scary ! he will be your Physics Lab Co-ordinator! he eats bimbos alive ! hell i seen him do that in front of me ! word of wisdom: never go to ur lab without doing your prelab assignment U DO NEED THAT PAPER ! actually do the lab before going to class try to research for the answers ... because he wont have mercy on u !

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 07-12-2010 at 09:48 AM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

He also has a heavy accent and at times I have no idea what he is saying. Just remember, nod when he looks at you...
Old 07-12-2010 at 10:00 AM   #12
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

yeah u do that .. u will be fine ... if he jokes with u LAUGH so hard so he likes u ...

Old 07-12-2010 at 10:00 AM   #13
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

although his jokes are so lame !