MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thoughts on professor Argentino? Teaches MUSIC 1A03 rda_14 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-11-2012 07:19 PM
CHEMISTRY 1A03 Professor exuberant888 Academics 10 08-26-2010 09:01 AM

Chem 1A03 C01 professor?

Old 08-10-2014 at 08:52 AM   #1
mm99mm

Liked: 4 Times

Chem 1A03 C01 professor?
Hi!

Ii was just wondering who the professor is for Chem 1A03 C01, it doesn't mention a name, but for the two cores under it, the professor is Brock and for the last core the prof is Goward. Does that mean the professor is Brock?

I am really confused
Old 08-10-2014 at 11:26 AM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

There is already a thread on this topic: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...6.html?t=94306

Also, you should never assume that the prof teaching another core is the one teaching the core "above" it. More than likely, it'll be someone different. There is no basis for thinking that the C02 prof will teach C01. And if you look at it, you'll see that Brock is already doing two cores (C02 and C03). So in that case, I'd say there's a pretty good bet that the prof will NOT be Brock.
Old 08-10-2014 at 11:28 AM   #3
purplepiranha

Liked: 0 Times

Hi! yeah I asked the same question because that's the core I got and someone replied saying saying that it would be either Pippa Lock or Jeff Landry. It should be on the the master course timetable at the latest one week before classes start. Yeah, if its Landry I might switch into another core because I have heard he's not that good.
Old 08-10-2014 at 01:27 PM   #4
mm99mm

Liked: 4 Times

Oh thank you very much for your replies, yeah I should probably keep checking.
Old 08-10-2014 at 04:04 PM   #5
Ems467

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepiranha View Post
Hi! yeah I asked the same question because that's the core I got and someone replied saying saying that it would be either Pippa Lock or Jeff Landry. It should be on the the master course timetable at the latest one week before classes start. Yeah, if its Landry I might switch into another core because I have heard he's not that good.
Landry was actually my favourite first year chem prof but I know that that's partly because I like and am good at chem, so his quicker than average pace was perfect for me and kept me engaged in class. He also goes beyond the course material and talks about interesting experiments and research.

I attended some of Lock's 1A03 lectures and was in her 1AA3 section and found myself bored and frustrated that she would spend so much time on one concept for only a few students who didn't understand. I ended up going to most of Landry's lectures in 1AA3.

purplepiranha says thanks to Ems467 for this post.
Old 08-10-2014 at 04:15 PM   #6
topkek

Liked: 23 Times

First year material is easy enough that you can get 10+ without going to class at all.
Old 08-14-2014 at 10:51 AM   #7
Ems467

Liked: 7 Times

Landry is now listed as the instructor for C01 on the master timetable.