MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CHEM 2E03 or (2OA3 and 2OB3 in summer)? [CHEM ENG] jon.john23 Academics 9 04-19-2012 10:19 AM
Chem 2E03 antirequisite of Chem 2OA3? Mr.Prodigy Academics 22 12-04-2010 07:32 PM

chem 2OA3 -

Old 04-28-2012 at 08:57 AM   #1
kl9988

Liked: 3 Times

chem 2OA3 -
How is this course in comparison to chem 1A03 +chem 1AA3 in regards to difficulty ?
I found these courses difficult (ended with 3 +5 in them)
Old 04-28-2012 at 09:37 AM   #2
Rhythm

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kl9988 View Post
How is this course in comparison to chem 1A03 +chem 1AA3 in regards to difficulty ?
I found these courses difficult (ended with 3 +5 in them)
I found 20A3 to be really difficult (one of my lowest grades). Definitely more concept-heavy than the first year chems. But there are some ppl who really understood it well and got a better grade! GL
Old 04-28-2012 at 10:03 AM   #3
optical

Liked: 8 Times

practice practice practice!!! (I actually can't emphasize how much you need to practice in text)
But seriously textbook+past midterms+assignments practice questions are KEY to success in both orgos.
They will help you understand and tackle the crazy short answer questions in the midterms+exam.
Old 04-28-2012 at 11:52 AM   #4
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Doing well at Orgo is, as a previous poster before me mentioned, all about practice. Depending on how the course is taught this year, you will have to put in a lot of work even with an excellent prof. I hear the new textbook is amazing. Buy a model kit, do the Sapling questions assigned, even if they seem really simplistic because it helps solidify your understanding.

There is some memorization for the synthesis reactions, but its nothing that terrible.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

kl9988 says thanks to goodnews.inc for this post.
Old 04-28-2012 at 05:02 PM   #5
Serene
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

Organic chemistry is like solving puzzles, it can be lots of fun!

nerual likes this.