MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chem Bio 2P03 SciMania 2nd Year Course Reviews 16 06-14-2013 11:11 AM
Chem Bio 2P03 - Physical Chemistry R633 Academics 6 06-16-2010 09:36 PM
Chem bio 2A03/2P03...tips and advice? *jessica.13 Academics 1 08-11-2009 01:11 PM

Chem 2PD3 vs Chem Bio 2P03

Old 05-25-2011 at 03:06 PM   #1
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Chem 2PD3 vs Chem Bio 2P03
So, looking for advice which one to pick - anyone want to weigh in? I've already checked course reviews.

Which one is generally more interesting (for a biology perspective), workload, difficulty - anything you can add would be great.

Thanks for the help
Old 05-25-2011 at 03:40 PM   #2
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

hey if ur in physio do u need to take more chem? or are u just taking to suite your interests
Old 05-25-2011 at 04:24 PM   #3
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

CB 2P03 is geared more towards life sciences, so if that's what you're looking for, you should take that one. If you're looking for something more chemistry based, 2PD3 would probably be better.

In terms of workload/difficulty, 2P03 has changed since I took it and is (thankfully) no longer taught by the same prof. Last year, a lot of the biochem kids thought it was hard, so they made it a pass/fail course to keep them from dropping out of the program...not sure if it'll stay pass/fail, though.

britb says thanks to nerual for this post.

britb likes this.
Old 06-06-2011 at 11:15 AM   #4
MSS12

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
CB 2P03 is geared more towards life sciences, so if that's what you're looking for, you should take that one. If you're looking for something more chemistry based, 2PD3 would probably be better.

In terms of workload/difficulty, 2P03 has changed since I took it and is (thankfully) no longer taught by the same prof. Last year, a lot of the biochem kids thought it was hard, so they made it a pass/fail course to keep them from dropping out of the program...not sure if it'll stay pass/fail, though.

Who was the professor last year? I thought the same professor was teaching it again this year, as it is Dr. Kruse...
Old 06-06-2011 at 12:21 PM   #5
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS12 View Post
Who was the professor last year? I thought the same professor was teaching it again this year, as it is Dr. Kruse...
Yes, but I took it two years ago, with Lorne Fell as the prof.