MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chemical Engineering Advice adeelb Academics 4 09-07-2011 05:03 PM
Chemical Engineering killerbeatz First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-31-2011 12:18 AM
Chemical bio engineering! muons Academics 1 03-20-2011 07:12 PM

Chemical and Bio Engineering.

Old 11-12-2011 at 08:49 PM   #16
TabbishAziz

Liked: 0 Times

Cool, What averages have people gotten in with historically?
Old 11-13-2011 at 02:24 AM   #17
muons

Liked: 84 Times

Well, the averages change from year to year.

I don't think it's nearly as competitive as everyone puts it out to be. Maybe Mechanical and Civil, but pretty much everyone I know got into their first picks.

Just aim for a 7+ average and you'll be golden!
Old 11-13-2011 at 03:26 PM   #18
BlueMorphan

Liked: 14 Times

Yeah, I don't think Chem/Bio eng is that competitive since it's a 5 year program. they've capped it at 25 people in previous years, but I'm not sure what they're going to be doing now with the bigger 1st year class.
Old 11-13-2011 at 03:34 PM   #19
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

What happens if more than 25 people apply with 7+ averages? Will they take everyone, or take the top 25 of those people even though they're far above the expected cut-off?
Old 11-13-2011 at 05:54 PM   #20
muons

Liked: 84 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptation View Post
What happens if more than 25 people apply with 7+ averages? Will they take everyone, or take the top 25 of those people even though they're far above the expected cut-off?
Yep they only take the first 25 people with the highest averages. It may be higher than 7 or lower than 7. That's why it's so important to do well just to make sure you do get your first choice.

But, also keep in mind getting high averages in engineering isn't exactly easy and you don't have to aim for a ten or a twelve to be competitive. Just try to stay above 7

adaptation says thanks to muons for this post.