MacInsiders Logo

Chemistry 1A03

Old 07-01-2008 at 04:22 PM   #61
kenneth526
Elite Member

Liked: 41 Times

Chemistry 1A03
Overview
Chemistry 1A03 covers basic assumed knowledge from highschool (bonding, gases, atomic theory, etc), electrons in atoms, periodic table trends, acids & bases, equilibrium, aqueous solutions and thermochemistry. This is a rather large first year class, so it's taught by 3 or...

all say thanks to kenneth526 for this post.

like this.
Old 08-16-2009 at 10:35 PM   #60
lankan_4lif

Liked: 9 Times
How is Goward as a professor, I have her for CHEM 1A03? I hear amazing things about Lock, I have her for CHEM 1AA3?
Old 08-31-2009 at 10:58 PM   #61
lankan_4lif

Is the solution manual useful in this course? I'm going to buy a 3 part package but it doesnt include the solutions manual, instead it includes the study guide.
Old 09-01-2009 at 12:21 AM   #62
Saleha

Liked: 17 Times
Goward is a pretty okay prof., not the best but not bad either. Dr. Lock is said to be pretty amazing, but for chem 1AA3, most ppl found all the profs were really really good. Generally better than the 1A03 profs. I've heard some things about Lock not teaching 1A03 this year, dunno about 1AA3... but if she isn't try for Valliant for 1AA3. Berti is great too.
Old 09-01-2009 at 12:23 AM   #63
Saleha

Liked: 17 Times
and about the solution manual, i don't think you'll need it. There's a LOT of practice outside of the textbook questions that you'll get to do... and the textbk questions were generally pretty simple and repetitive. Not the place to practice for the tougher 3 mark questions you get on the midterms and exam i think.
Old 09-01-2009 at 11:42 AM   #64
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lankan_4lif View Post
Is the solution manual useful in this course? I'm going to buy a 3 part package but it doesnt include the solutions manual, instead it includes the study guide.
I don't know.. you should try to get the solution manual because it comes FREE with the textbook...
Old 09-01-2009 at 11:44 AM   #65
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthusized View Post
I don't know.. you should try to get the solution manual because it comes FREE with the textbook...
I agree, I don't see why upper years wouldn't just give you the solution manual with the textbook.
Old 09-01-2009 at 06:25 PM   #66
lankan_4lif

No, an upper year student is selling me the textbook, media pack and study guide as a package. There is no solution manual in the package because when he bought it last year, there wasn't a solution manual and it was sold seperately according to him. As well, he dropped the course so everything is brand new and media pack is unopened.

As well, what's the media pack all about?

Is it possible to buy the solution manual separately?
Old 09-01-2009 at 06:28 PM   #67
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

The media guide is useless. I don't know anyone that used it.

That's odd, my package came with the solutions manual instead of the study guide o.O
Old 09-01-2009 at 06:33 PM   #68
lankan_4lif

OO, Jeremy, are you willing to sell your solution manual to me?
Old 09-01-2009 at 06:34 PM   #69
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

I already sold it XD
Old 09-01-2009 at 06:37 PM   #70
lankan_4lif

Ok, thanks anyways. Do you know if it's possible to buy the solution manual separately? It's not listed as being sold separately in the Titles Booklist.
Old 09-01-2009 at 06:42 PM   #71
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Ok, thanks anyways. Do you know if it's possible to buy the solution manual separately? It's not listed as being sold separately in the Titles Booklist.
Last year I asked the staff at Titles if they sold solution manuals separately and he said no. Try looking on sites like amazon, eBay, etc...
Old 09-01-2009 at 06:43 PM   #72
lankan_4lif

Ye, I was thinkin about Amazong or Ebay. Is the study guide useful?
Old 09-01-2009 at 06:46 PM   #73
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Ye, I was thinkin about Amazong or Ebay. Is the study guide useful?
The study guide? I wouldn't know. I personally didn't use my chem textbooks last year. :\
Old 09-01-2009 at 06:48 PM   #74
lankan_4lif

O ye and you said you did very well. Nice. Is it really true there is that many practice questions outside of the book. Like tutorial questions, professor posts practice questions, past midterms/exams and WebCT quizzes right?

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search