MacInsiders Logo

Chemistry 1A03

Old 07-01-2008 at 04:22 PM   #76
kenneth526
Elite Member

Liked: 41 Times

Chemistry 1A03
Overview
Chemistry 1A03 covers basic assumed knowledge from highschool (bonding, gases, atomic theory, etc), electrons in atoms, periodic table trends, acids & bases, equilibrium, aqueous solutions and thermochemistry. This is a rather large first year class, so it's taught by 3 or...

all say thanks to kenneth526 for this post.

like this.
Old 09-01-2009 at 06:55 PM   #75
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lankan_4lif View Post
O ye and you said you did very well. Nice. Is it really true there is that many practice questions outside of the book. Like tutorial questions, professor posts practice questions, past midterms/exams and WebCT quizzes right?
I actually didn't do the tutorial questions but there were a bunch, like 10 every week.

There were tons of old midterms/exams available as well as WebCT questions. Those are what I relied on the most (as well as my notes). If there were questions I couldn't do I would look in my notes for how to solve them.
Old 09-01-2009 at 07:02 PM   #76
lankan_4lif

Liked: 9 Times
Are the tons of old midterms/exams available posted on WebCT by profs or did you go to library reserves or something?
Old 09-01-2009 at 07:02 PM   #77
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Are the tons of old midterms/exams available posted on WebCT by profs or did you go to library reserves or something?
They were posted on WebCT. I'm assuming they will be posted on ELM this year.
Old 09-04-2009 at 01:30 AM   #78
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times
So is ELM the only resource for past exams/midterms? And does that apply for all courses, or does it depend? =/
Old 09-04-2009 at 01:32 AM   #79
lankan_4lif

ELM is one resource. I think there are some past midterms/exams on course reserves in the library. As well, I heard the Science Society at McMaster has a test bank so you can borrow some midterms for like an hr, photocopy them or something and then return them.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to lankan_4lif for this post.
Old 09-04-2009 at 01:33 AM   #80
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
So is ELM the only resource for past exams/midterms? And does that apply for all courses, or does it depend? =/
It's the easiest way for professors to provide past tests/exams.
Old 09-04-2009 at 01:43 AM   #81
syaseen
Elite Member

Liked: 27 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
DC++ also has past tests and exams. Sometimes ones that the prof doesnt post.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to syaseen for this post.
Old 09-04-2009 at 01:43 AM   #82
lankan_4lif

Are past midterms/exams similar to a certain extent to past tests/exams or are they completely different like questions wise?
Old 09-04-2009 at 01:30 PM   #83
batman

Liked: 6 Times
Quote:
Are past midterms/exams similar to a certain extent to past tests/exams or are they completely different like questions wise?
They are definitely similar in terms of style, or types of questions, but the questions do change significantly enough that its not easy.
Old 09-11-2009 at 06:16 PM   #84
lankan_4lif

You know how profs post past midterms/exams. Would they post last years midterms or like years before that?
Old 09-11-2009 at 06:31 PM   #85
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times
Quote:
You know how profs post past midterms/exams. Would they post last years midterms or like years before that?
They'd post a bunch .. including last years probably.
Old 09-11-2009 at 06:33 PM   #86
lankan_4lif

I see, thanks. Were the wording of the midterm questions tricky?
Old 09-11-2009 at 09:35 PM   #87
Saleha

Liked: 17 Times
you might find yourself making mistakes and when you check it over, they seem silly ones...becuz sometimes they'll put answers, especially with calculation questions, that you can get on your calculator if u made a predictable error.
this happens less if you practice more. you'll start being more aware of what kind of 'tricks' - though they're not exactly out to get you - you can see through.
the 3 mark questions at the end are usually the tougher ones, and need more time and careful reading
Old 09-11-2009 at 10:24 PM   #88
lankan_4lif

What's the best practice for midterms? Past midterms/exams and tutorial questions? As well, are the webct/ELM quizzes hard?
Old 09-11-2009 at 10:53 PM   #89
Saleha

Liked: 17 Times
yes. past midterms are rly good, as well as tutorial questions and lecture notes.
elm quizzes were pretty fair, especially cuz u get lots of time to work on them and check with other students - ask abt concepts only and try to do it urself - they only got tough with harder topics like pH and buffers...

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search