MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Daily game Feb 09 : Icy Gifts Chad Daily Game 0 02-09-2011 04:41 AM
Best Holiday Gifts lizziepizzie General Discussion 35 12-29-2010 10:56 PM
When does our Christmas Break end? AdelaisAer First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 12-24-2010 10:33 PM
what do YOU want for christmas?!? Botchio Dating & Relationships 63 12-11-2010 06:34 PM

Christmas Gifts for Guys

Old 12-02-2011 at 02:57 PM   #16
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
Mr. Coffee Keurig Machine is on sale at Walmart for about $40. It makes regular coffee, but also speciality flavours like French Vanilla and Irish Cream.
http://www.keurig.com/brewers/mr-coffee-brewing-system

How about a "fancy" shaving kit, if they're into that kind of thing? Get one of those old timey kits where you actually mix the cream in a bowl, then put it on your face with a brush. Include a nice new razor, aftershave, etc. Here are some examples:
http://www.theartofshaving.c om/gif...ow/top-sellers

Do any of them have any favourite female celebrities? Go on a magazine's website, like Maxim or GQ, and see if you can order back issues. I know Maxim does this for sure. GQ's website doesn't list any back issues for sale, but you can probably find them on eBay.

I hope my boyfriend doesn't check this site because this is basically a list of what I have got him so far, haha

Swiss Army Knives are a good idea, but chances are, he might already have one. Find that out first!
I think they're covered for the coffee part, but the shaving kit is a good idea! I'll check about the swiss army knives, and... I'm not getting them anything that has to do with women...
Old 12-02-2011 at 03:11 PM   #17
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Are they into fitness? You could order them a year's subscription to Men's Health (about $30 I think, if not cheaper)
Old 12-02-2011 at 03:22 PM   #18
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:
Are they into fitness? You could order them a year's subscription to Men's Health (about $30 I think, if not cheaper)
Ooh that's a good idea! Thanks!
Old 12-02-2011 at 04:45 PM   #19
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

http://www.parkerpen.com/#/en/collec...s/Fountain-Pen
Old 12-02-2011 at 07:10 PM   #20
Scarecrow
Dr. Crane

Liked: 89 Times

A season of Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, etc. depending on what they like (the two I mentioned are popular ones for guys)

A badger brush/shaving set as mentioned earlier - many guys don't realize what a quality shave is until they feel their face after shaving with old school stuff

Video gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaames

A cookbook (everyone needs one of these) - not Joy of Cooking (personally IMO it blows), something more up to date and college-y
Old 12-02-2011 at 07:20 PM   #21
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

skyrim

12chars

Old 12-04-2011 at 04:52 PM   #22
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

I've been thinking and I'm pretty decent at baking. Maybe I'll just bake them pies instead and get something simple like a Christmas tree ornament? They can be pretty special if you put a lot of thought into it.

Afzal likes this.
Old 12-04-2011 at 05:06 PM   #23
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I think that would depend on the guy.
I'm sure everyone likes pies, but I don't many guys that would enjoy a Christmas ornament. You know them best though, maybe they would.
Old 12-04-2011 at 05:16 PM   #24
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

oh we like pies.

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 12-04-2011 at 05:27 PM   #25
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:
I think that would depend on the guy.
I'm sure everyone likes pies, but I don't many guys that would enjoy a Christmas ornament. You know them best though, maybe they would.
Okay. I'll just axe the ornament part.
Old 12-04-2011 at 05:36 PM   #26
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Ooh look what Chad did with the background! It's like Christmas wrapping paper!

Faer, marido, RememberTwce like this.
Old 12-04-2011 at 06:09 PM   #27
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryll View Post
If they like working out, chinup bar? That's one thing I'm getting this year.
On that note, anyone know what the name of the product is that attaches to your pullup bar, but is for dips? Can't find it anywhere t_t
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 12-04-2011 at 07:01 PM   #28
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

Vouchers for sexual favors.
Old 12-04-2011 at 07:26 PM   #29
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Different things I have got for my boyfriend over the time we've been dating. My boyfriend was always complaining about being cold, but refuses to wear real clothing in doors >.< so I got him a robe that was Leafs themed because they're his favorite team. I also got him a Leafs jacket, but that would be way out of your price range. He also likes making his gadgets looks cool, so I got him some stuff off of http://www.gelaskins.com/ that he could put on his xbox, phone, etc. He also loves coffee, and always complains that his mug is too small, so I got him a huge ass awesome mug that was comic book themed cause he loves comic books. All I can remember right now. Oh...if he likes print Tee's, threadless always has Christmas sales.

As for my other guy friends, it really depends. One of them collects shot glasses from around the world, so whenever I travel I get him shot glasses. Another one loves weapons, so I got him an awesome knife. Another one downloads a lot of stuff, so I bought him a year membership for one of those downloading sites.