MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Walking from class to class without being late aw07 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 50 06-22-2011 12:53 AM
can i drop a class in term 2 and take a class in term 1??? Cassandraa87 Academics 4 08-10-2010 12:58 PM
ECON 1B03, need to switch afternoon class for the morning class. Sintos Academics 3 01-06-2010 05:12 PM
Where do you sit in class? Chad Academics 7 05-26-2008 10:09 PM

Class-to-class: How easy is it to find rooms?

Old 09-07-2011 at 03:11 PM   #16
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

It was pretty easy finding all of my first year classes because most of them are big lecture halls. I had a tiny map on me to make it easier to find them. I did some exploring days before school starts so that I know where I'm going on the first day of school.
Old 09-07-2011 at 03:28 PM   #17
RSA4life

Liked: Liked 3 Times

How do you get to room 102 in ABB, from the main entrance?
Old 09-07-2011 at 03:59 PM   #18
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

By main entrance, do you mean the one in front of Mohawk Institute of Applied Sciences? If so, just go in through the entrance, and it's to your left.

RSA4life says thanks to justinsftw for this post.
Old 09-07-2011 at 05:21 PM   #19
chantelf

Liked: 0 Times

I have a class tomorrow morning in the HSC building and I'm just wondering is HSC the actual McMaster hospital? Or is this a different building all together? Sorry, probably a very dumb question, but I haven't been on campus very much and don't know where many of the buildings are. I definitely should have gone for a tour or something, now I'm kicking myself! :(
Old 09-07-2011 at 05:28 PM   #20
katrinabell

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantelf View Post
I have a class tomorrow morning in the HSC building and I'm just wondering is HSC the actual McMaster hospital? Or is this a different building all together? Sorry, probably a very dumb question, but I haven't been on campus very much and don't know where many of the buildings are. I definitely should have gone for a tour or something, now I'm kicking myself! :(
HSC is attached to the back of the hospital. When you walk up to the hospital, you'll see a huge glass wall (this is health sci library) and to the left of that is the doors into HSC. You'll know you're in the right place if you see a big staircase in the middle of the room and a Williams Coffee.

Go early, I got kinda lost trying to find my classroom when I was actually in the building my first time there.

chantelf says thanks to katrinabell for this post.
Old 09-08-2011 at 04:56 PM   #21
Deborah

I found it really helpful to walk around campus and find all of my classes before they started. But there are often signs that will direct you to most of the large lecture halls. Like someone else mentioned, the only confusing things are basements (especially in BSB and ITB where some rooms can only be accessed by certain staircases). But just ask if you're having difficulty!
Old 09-08-2011 at 05:30 PM   #22
dakota

I suggest you go around campus on your free time and get to know the place, its much easier when your in a hurry for those 830 classes
Old 09-08-2011 at 06:37 PM   #23
mary22

As long as you give yourself time to get to your classes, they are generally easy to find! "B" Usually means a basement class as opposed to first floor (ie. B104). A class such as B204 would mean the second basement level.
Also, signs are usually up to direct first year students.
Old 09-08-2011 at 07:21 PM   #24
njreginauld

Theyre super easy, but if your ever unsure, dont hesitate to ask anyone! From my experience, noone has ever turned me down when I didnt know where a classroom was. Youll get used to it soon
Old 09-08-2011 at 07:57 PM   #25
KCelsius

Liked: 1 Time

The room numbers don't jump around so just keep a look out on the doors if you're unsure. Best way is definitely just ask around because everyone's willing to help!
Old 09-08-2011 at 08:40 PM   #26
inthemaking

Liked: 26 Times

Super easy except in HSC (the first floor lecture rooms "HSC 1A_" are okay to find since there are only 6 of them, but rooms like HSC 4G37 will involve quite a bit of walking around and looking for signs).