MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When is the last day to drop term II summer class? quaglia13 Academics 10 07-09-2010 09:51 AM
ECON 1B03, need to switch afternoon class for the morning class. Sintos Academics 3 01-06-2010 05:12 PM
Term II Courses: Add/Drop Goce Academics 2 12-21-2009 09:12 AM
Term I Drop Date: November 17 2009 lorend MacInsiders Announcements 4 11-11-2009 09:36 PM
Can i drop a course for each term and do 2 courses in the summer? caludujf Academics 6 09-12-2009 06:29 PM

can i drop a class in term 2 and take a class in term 1???

Old 08-10-2010 at 12:32 PM   #1
Cassandraa87

Liked: 1 Time

can i drop a class in term 2 and take a class in term 1???
ok so I just looked at my schedule for this coming year and I want to drop a class I have in Term 2 and substitute that with taking a class in Term 1. Now I am not too sure if I can do this considering the 2 classes are in different terms. Should I stick to dropping a class in term 2 and substituting it with a class in Term 2 as well ?

Also.. can i even drop classes in term 2 right now or do I have to wait untill Term 2 to do so ?

slight confusion going on over here lol
Old 08-10-2010 at 12:41 PM   #2
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandraa87 View Post
ok so I just looked at my schedule for this coming year and I want to drop a class I have in Term 2 and substitute that with taking a class in Term 1. Now I am not too sure if I can do this considering the 2 classes are in different terms. Should I stick to dropping a class in term 2 and substituting it with a class in Term 2 as well ?

Also.. can i even drop classes in term 2 right now or do I have to wait untill Term 2 to do so ?

slight confusion going on over here lol
Ideally, you would have balanced terms (15 units each). If you really want to take 18 units in term 1 and 12 units in term 2, you can, but it's generally not recommended, especially not first term of first year--you'll be adjusting to everything as it is, having a course overload won't help. Of course, the engineers have 6 courses each term, so it's definitely doable, just not recommended.

You can change your courses up until the drop/add dates for the specific terms. So, for Term 2 courses you have up until Jan 13, but you can do it tomorrow if you want. http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...ble-30050.html
Old 08-10-2010 at 12:47 PM   #3
Cassandraa87

Liked: 1 Time

im going into 2nd year so im sure i can handle the work load a bit better now compared to last year and thanks !!
Old 08-10-2010 at 12:47 PM   #4
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Yea, you can do whatever you want.
Old 08-10-2010 at 12:58 PM   #5
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandraa87 View Post
im going into 2nd year so im sure i can handle the work load a bit better now compared to last year and thanks !!
Oh okay sorry! The info underneath your name says you're in first year. If you think you can handle it, then go for it