MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Deadline extended: Reading Week Volunteer Trips + COSTA RICA AdamKuhn General Discussion 4 10-27-2009 03:35 PM
Potential TA strike fasailuddin General Discussion 72 10-24-2009 10:47 PM
Schedule Conflicts :S aya017 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 20 08-11-2008 08:25 PM
Discount Greyhound Trips! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 4 06-03-2008 04:27 PM

In class trips and potential schedule conflicts?

Old 08-16-2010 at 12:09 PM   #1
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

In class trips and potential schedule conflicts?
I was wondering if anyone was ever in a class that involved field trips and if these trips ever conflicted with other classes? (do these trips ever run overtime and interfere with other classes? Do these trips end on time generally? One class I am taking next year has 3 hrs on the schedule as a lab for class trips but I was just concerned that they may run overtime because i have classes after the lab. Thanks.
Old 08-16-2010 at 01:31 PM   #2
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

enviro 1g03 we had a field trip to a waterfall but we went on a saturday, like u culd choose ither friday or sat depending on ur schedule so no conflicts there
Old 08-16-2010 at 02:32 PM   #3
Geek
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthusized View Post
I was wondering if anyone was ever in a class that involved field trips and if these trips ever conflicted with other classes? (do these trips ever run overtime and interfere with other classes? Do these trips end on time generally? One class I am taking next year has 3 hrs on the schedule as a lab for class trips but I was just concerned that they may run overtime because i have classes after the lab. Thanks.
For my second year Eng&Society classes we had a bunch of field trips. We were usually back in time for my next class but sometimes it cut into the next lecture by ~10minutes or so.
It wasn't a huge deal (especially since I hated the class I had after anyway), but when I had a midterm right after I just told my prof that I couldn't go on the field trip because I couldn't afford to be late, and he didn't seem to mind. I guess it depends on what/where the field trips are, and how crucial they are to the course.