MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Click here, buddies Sandra Shan Introduce Yourself 3 06-12-2010 07:11 PM
Where can I park for just a week? Sintos First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 10-06-2009 04:01 PM
BC Provincial Exams hmac First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 06-07-2008 02:33 PM

Click Me: If You've Worked at an Ontario Provincial Park

Old 05-28-2010 at 05:57 PM   #1
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

Click Me: If You've Worked at an Ontario Provincial Park
Hey guys, I just got hired as a park naturalist at an Ontario provincial park and I was wondering if anybodys done this before and if so did you enjoy working there? or was it hard and stressful? Any thoughts and/or tips would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 05-28-2010
Goce
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 05-28-2010 at 09:57 PM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Someone I went to high school with did it for two or three years and loved it

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-28-2010 at 10:25 PM   #3
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

that sounds cool! congrats!

are there still forest rangers in firelookouts? and How do I get that job???

How did you get this job redorkulated?
Old 05-28-2010 at 10:53 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

One of my friends did it for the past 2 summers and she found it pretty stressful for maybe the first week, but then after that she really loved it and decided to go back the next year
Old 05-29-2010 at 08:23 AM   #5
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew22 View Post
that sounds cool! congrats!

are there still forest rangers in firelookouts? and How do I get that job???

How did you get this job redorkulated?
hey thanks for all the answers guy , and i found this job from

http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SearchSE...Search Page=1

it's a great website, what you have to do is first fill out their SEP application form, it's somewhere on their website, attach your in your resume, SEP app and a cover letter, i'm not sure if they say that a cover letter is mandatory but i personally think it got me more interviews. what i did was i found a job that i thought was interesting such as Assistant Fisheries Technician and I handed in the same resume and cover letter for them, changed the SEP app # for each of them and applied to every single one . if you're going to apply tho you should do it fast cause the deadline for most of the postings that are still up is june 7, good luck to anybody that applies!
Old 05-29-2010 at 11:01 PM   #6
macsci
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

Congrats! I always wanted to do this but always had some other job lined up. Hope it goes well.
Old 05-30-2010 at 01:27 AM   #7
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDorkulateD View Post
I handed in the same resume and cover letter for them
Bad job application practice, FYI.

Having been involved in hiring people and responsible for critiquing resumes at work, that is something that really screws up people's applications. Also, once you start looking for full-time employment, general resumes and cover letters put you at the bottom of the pile.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-30-2010 at 11:05 AM   #8
tfyudrhjtr

Liked: 0 Times

I worked in NHE for two summers at Bronte Creek and it was awesome, have a fun summer!